Setting up NI audio 6 and cdjs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Setting up NI audio 6 and cdjs

Alright, Im starting to get irritated...I have spent so much money on equipment and things just never want to work for me. I am really hoping for this to be an easy fix considering I am very unfamiliar with timecode and DJ software in general.

I have just purchased my audio 6 recently and I am trying to set my Traktor Scratch pro 2 up with my cdj-850s and djm-350. I have followed all instructions while setting it up. The instructions are very simple and I did not think I would have any problems, but i guess thats not the case.

Basically, it seems as the cdj is not controlling anything inside of traktor (I have my timecode cds in). I completed the setup wizard and i still can not get anything. I am pretty positive the audio settings (audio 6, line input channel), input settings (deck A is channel 1 and Deck B is channel 2), and output settings are correct. Also, my audio 6 configuration is Direct Thru is off, and Line is selected.

Ive been trying so hard to not have to ask for help because i feel like its starting to get repetitive since nothing ever works right for me.

Thanks a lot and really hope someone can help me out...

Have you checked that the drop down menus associated with decks a and b have got scratch input selected?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

Hm, where are the drop down menus that you speak of? Im guessing since I do now know what you are talking about that it most likely is not selected...hopefully!

The only place that I see that I can choose timecode CD is in the setup wizard and I selected that...
    Last edited by bhop; 07-05-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Click and hold where it says A or B in the right corner of the deck above the pitch slider
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Ah, thank you! But I have Enable Deck, Track Deck, and Scratch Control selected...I guess its not that

Anything thing else you can think of?

What do you see on the scope?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

When I click the platter it just says "Waiting..." at the bottom as if it wont calibrate

^^reburn the timecode cds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

Dont have burned timecode cds haha

Try swapping the left and right wires around in your phono cables?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast