S4 Flight Case or Laptop Stand + Backpack?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default S4 Flight Case or Laptop Stand + Backpack?

Headsup battle and idk which to choose. What should i buy?

Tech Mentor

Flight case is heavy and bulky. I would suggest a well-constructed DJ bag with a decksaver.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

yea I haven't seen the flight case personally but from what I've read/seen on youtube I wouldn't buy one...

The biggest flaw to me is that the part where your laptop sits on doesn't have a slide lock or whatever, meaning it can slide all the way off while your laptop is on it and to me that's just an accident waiting to happen

Tech Mentor

yeah ive heard that exact think topps, however $150 for a laptop stand seems outrageous to me

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADJ? View Post
    yeah ive heard that exact think topps, however $150 for a laptop stand seems outrageous to me
    There are cheaper laptop stands out there... you can even make one for under $10 with a few parts from the hardware store.

Honestly, 90% of the time, I don't even use my stand. If you have an S4, then you really don't need to touch the computer.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Guru

I saw a DJ with the case the other day and it didn't appear too heavy. I mean, it has to be lighter than a technics 1200 case. I'm no olympic lifter but it seemed like a nice size and gave a "cool dj" look.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

honestly if you want a laptop stand that badly it can't be too hard to build one. I don't need one at home and every club I've gone to has one anyway.

Tech Convert

I would get a bag from DJTT store.. I have the "Flight" case which is too big to use as a carry on, bammer

I have the flight case. Yes, it IS heavy and bulky, but if you plan to take any flights ever with your S4. Thing is a fuckin tank. I also like it for it's quick pack up. You can go from DJing to leaving in <5 min.

The questions isn't which is better, bag or flight case? They have different uses. Will you be carrying it from your home by hand to a show? Will you be traveling or in places where your S4 might get bumped around?
    Traktor Kontrol S4 | MacBook Pro ''15 | Traktor Pro 2
    Twitter
    Facebook
    SoundCloud
    Mertojolt

Tech Wizard

Bag for sure, I had the flightcase, only went out for one gig and when I got in listed it on eBay couldnt carry that round all the time. my word. Now I have a custom stand and the magma studio 25 bag which is like the tardis.

Regards

Twenty First Century Jukebox

DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast