Cue Audio Issues

Default Cue Audio Issues

Hello fellas, just wanted to check if anybody has been having problems with their audio output via the headphones on the front of the S4. At first I thought I was having issues with the actual headphone connection, and after browsing some fora thought it could be the "tighten the nut" issue as I am using MDR-V6's with a threaded adaptor. I used several adaptors and cans, as well as tightening the nut with no positive effect, so I started going through setting combinations and found this oddball:

1 - I was not getting a full audio spectrum from my monitor output, it was heavy on the mids and highs but lacked bass. Also, my 'CUE VOL' knob would reach max output at around 12 o'clock and any further movement seemed useless. My settings at this point looked like this:

2 - Hitting the 'MONO' button had no effect on either audio or volume:

3 - After a few fiddlings with the settings and all deck levels in zero and 1 deck in CUE I hit the jackpot. I disconnected one of the monitor outputs and suddenly, VOILA, full audio spectrum and a functional volume knob all the way through:

4 - Curiously enough, it works like this too:

5 - In points 4 & 5 hitting the 'MONO' button has no effect (as one would expect, there being a single monitor channel to output). Also, when I reconnect both channels I go back to the "lacking" sound and volume drops considerably...

If you are having such issues or know if this should be so and I am completely being stupid let me know...
    Last edited by Capicva; 07-11-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Changed image file extensions.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Interesting. have you submitted that to NI?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I think I may have the same issue.
    When you press CUE (To get sound in your headset) on the deck you're playing, does the volume get higher?

EDIT:
    Btw, are you using phonocables, or just a regular jack in the 1 or 2 "holes".(God damn my english sucks...)
    "I see you, now you see me, you see I see you fucking with me."

I have not noticed any sound surges in the main ouputs while using the cue on the tracks, but I will check carefully tomorrow.

Also, I am using the 1/4" outputs. I'll try the RCA outputs tomorrow and see if there is a difference.

OH! I submitted this to NI today...