How to connect 2 computers running Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default How to connect 2 computers running Traktor

I have a Traktor S4 running off my MBP13. I'm trying to work with my friend who's more production oriented, and amazing with FX. He has lots of cool drum loops,effects and other stuff we want to incorporate into our set. He's using Traktor 2 as well with a Behringer BCD-3000. What's the best way to do this and keep it all together? I'm very good with computers so I don't mind a complicated setup.

You need to look into synchronising the MIDI clock between the two instances of Traktor

What machine is your mate using?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I think you could run a midi usb cable form his computer to your s4,midi cable link

Or midi over wifi, Google your friend there
    [ame="http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=kIj&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=syncing+midi+over+wifi+&btnG=Searc h&oq=syncing+midi+over+wifi+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=undefin ed&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=3606l12943l0l23l21l0l11l11l0l458 l2617l0.3.3.3.1l10"]midi over wifi google [/ame]

Or you could beat match manually

i assume you know how to set midi clock in traktor etc. so i wont go into details

first of all create some virtual midi cables that will connect both traktor's (or any other djing software/DAW that can send/receive midi data) using loopbe midi yoke or (my favourite) loopmidi

then install rtpmidi on both pc's so you can send the midi signals from one computer to another and voila you are set to go
    i find it the best setup to go for, works perfect between 2 laptops and a desktop
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

Tech Wizard

I'm using a Mac and my friend is using a PC. What should I use on my Mac? I heard something about built in OS X. How would I set it up?
    Last edited by agrelius; 07-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    Software: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Ableton Live 9, Presonus Studio One 2
    Hardware: Traktor S4, Maschine, 2x Yorkville YSM5, Scarlett 2i2, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Beyerdynamic DT990-250, MBP 13"
    soundcloud.com/agrelius

Tech Guru

our video should help, its for tsp1 but tsp2 works the same way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRNQ...el_video_title
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Chris I have a couple of questions about that amazing video. I have watched it many times before and didn't realise that you post here.

1) On the intro (presumably from one of your tracks) What is it that you say? I swear I hear "lego" anyways... real questions

2) Who changes the midi offset? the sending or receiving machine?

3) If both of you, then is the offset the same for both machines?

4) How did you find that number, did both of you try number 21 at the same time and found it worked? or was one of you on 21 while the other was on [x]?

5) In your experience. what other factors effect the "sync" if for instance if someones audio latency changes (like by adding more gear or fine tuning their own setup)? will it knock the sync out at all and have to "redo" all the hard work?

Thanks for the video. It is really clear, but I just can't understand why NI made it so awkward to set this up.

i use 2 copies of traktor pro 2 on 2 macs

all i do is set go in midi/audio settings on osx create network then connect the other mac to it by adhoc or Ethernet and it works fine did not even have to do midi offset

Default How do you (midi/audio settings on osx create network)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    i use 2 copies of traktor pro 2 on 2 macs

all i do is set go in midi/audio settings on osx create network then connect the other mac to it by adhoc or Ethernet and it works fine did not even have to do midi offset
    How do you (midi/audio settings on osx create network)??? plz help lol and then when you plug in the 2 macs how do you make it work??

Thank you for your time