Cant register my s4 :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cant register my s4 :(

Sad times, got home from work and my S4 had turned up woo

Very excited i unpacked etc looks and fiddled with faders knobs etc was all good, put install disk in macbook run it restarted etc installed config center, created my NI account updated one thing, then go to put serial in and basically says its ether wrong or for wrong product, on the config center it says the product is Traktor Pro for s4 yet on the back of my dvd sleeve it says Traktor Pro 2 for s4.

Basically i cant use it as thinks its for wrong product anyone else had this, how you get around it, really wana play with the s4
    -= DejaVoo =-

Numark TTX USB x2 / Numark m3 / Traktor S4 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Macbook

go to the NI site, download the Traktor Pro 2 Demo and put in your serial there..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Cheers got it working now like that didnt think of that approach! so far so good new to traktor tho so lots to learn but the feel of the s4 is nice
    -= DejaVoo =-

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah we're seeing this problem come up quite a bit. It looks like NI just slapped some serial numbers on the S4 CD's but didn't do any explaining along with it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yea must admit took me a while at first i was like noooo but once i got it working via pro 2 demo and put serial in all was good, then proceeded to mix for 3 hours great fun such a nice piece of kit and only just got to grips with the basics
    -= DejaVoo =-

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Use the serial on the sticker on the demo unless you want to wait for them to send you an e-voucher for your T2 upgrade as it's not automatic.
    Thanks

Just got mine today too. On the back of my CD cover it says Traktor Kontrol S4 Serial. Didn't work with the Traktor S4 that is on the disc (I'll have to donwload the demo of Traktor pro 2 myself it seems). After many failed attemps at getting the serial to work with the Traktor S4 software, I notice that there's another serial UNDER the first (serials are printed on stickers) one. This serial works with Traktor S4. Could the "first" serial work with Traktor pro 2? I'm currently updating Traktor S4 through the service center, but it doesn't say Traktor pro 2, just "traktor pro s4 1.0.1". My Internet is really slow atm, so should I stop the update (600mb) and get the Traktor pro 2 demo instead?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Use the serial on the sticker on the demo unless you want to wait for them to send you an e-voucher for your T2 upgrade as it's not automatic.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I have the same issue, will I be able to register my s4 to get my dvs upgrade?
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Student

Default Just had the same problem.

I don't know if this is the same issue you're having, but when I got mine it said the serial was invalid. I returned it and got another whole set-up, but it was still and invalid serial. So I e-mailed NI and they sent this back:

It seems you are trying to use the Traktor Pro 2 serial number to activate the S4 software. Please uninstall the S4 software, and install the Traktor Pro 2 software via the Demo version. You can then unlock it with the Service Center using your Traktor Pro 2 serial number.

The demo can be found here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=1975

If needed, the latest version of Service Center can be downloaded from here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...freeupdates_us

This fixed it for me. I hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast