Gay Night - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay Night

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Check Scissor Sisters to.
    this.

why would you treat a "gay" night different that any other top 40 crap club night?

i don't get it...just because people swing the other way doesn't mean then need to be degraded with what some people think is "gay" music...

this is 2011...right?

i'd dig into some older 80's euro dance classics if it were me...and sprinkle them about...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b-6k...eature=related
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

[QUOTE=keithace;315807]why would you treat a "gay" night different that any other top 40 crap club night?

i don't get it...just because people swing the other way doesn't mean then need to be degraded with what some people think is "gay" music...
    QUOTE]

This is true, but then again loving Madonna seems to be required or else there are fee's and penalties I'm told.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm not saying to treat it any different and everything I suggested would work on a straight night as well. After all it is a top 40 night so that pretty much sums up mostly what you need to play.

If I'm not mistaken it was last night. How did it go?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    "gay music"... gay crowds do gravitate towards certain artists, and this is a fact. Certain people just have large gay followings. How can you be degraded by a certain music unless it's lyrics are derogatory towards certain groups of people? Open your mind a bit, and stop being hypersensitive.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    "gay music"... gay crowds do gravitate towards certain artists, and this is a fact. Certain people just have large gay followings. How can you be degraded by a certain music unless it's lyrics are derogatory towards certain groups of people? Open your mind a bit, and stop being hypersensitive.
    Open your mind a bit? Says the guy stereotyping a group of peoples musical taste based on their sexual orientation Maybe I have a different view of being open minded?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Having been raised by two gay men from the time I was 8 I can say for certain that for the most part what sobi said is true. Just like I can say for certain that most rednecks will gravitate to a certain type of music. Sometimes those two are one in the same though, which just goes to prove that for the most part what tha gooch said is true.

You can't pick songs for a group of people based on their sexual gender. You can however ask what dance songs go over well at other bars catering to that same group and I think we had some pretty good answers.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

^ True. Stereotyping is tricky and everyone does it to an extent. I just try to be aware of my predjudices and try not to let them affect me negatively. It just seemed odd to tell someone who's saying treat homosexuals like anyone else to open his mind the gays LOVE them some Wham.

Lol@ gooch...you're funny...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast