Gay Night - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gay Night

"your people should like this kind of music" bugged me...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

and no...i am not gay...but i am a minority and have been stereotyped/discriminated against...

the worst are the latent prejudices...

I dunno, if I went into a club with a bunch of straight-out-the-hood black people I wouldn't expect them to be dancing to Toby Keith and fuckin Abba. If they were I'd think I was in an alternate dimension. Certain Music does appeal to certain cultures and social groups which people belong to, it's the whole point of most music... People use music to fit the definition of who they are and to connect them to other people.

You think it's a coincidence college age kids who go to house parties and bars listen to songs about getting drunk, doing drugs, having sex, and partying? No. That's what college kids like to do.

Most Women and Feminine gay guys who go to top-40's clubs like to go out and dance and all that to shit that is feminine and girly and shit and maybe hear some shit they heard in the car for the past couple weeks. It's not stereo-typical, it just makes sense. Last time I checked, the gay guy wearing rainbow colored hot-pants showing off his crotch and trying to get bent over his couch by a bear didn't rock out to Metallica and Megadeath. And when a straight guy or non-flamboyant gay goes to a club to get a piece of ass, he doesn't give a shit what music they play as long as at the end of the night he has his dick in a soft hole. I'm not saying people don't deviate from all this but lets not kid ourselves, the dance club isn't somewhere you go to appreciate complex compositions of music.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

and no...i am not gay...but i am a minority and have been stereotyped/discriminated against...
    Dj's as a whole are a minority group , DJTT Dj's are most likely geeky so a Sub-minority and however split that into the various styles of music, controllerists, purists etc makes even more ... Oh gods!!! we're all minority's!!

Decide on a Musical theme for the place.
    Should it be a Club / Rave Style or Happy Happy "Birdcage" style
    Could it be both depending on the night or differing rooms ?

Anyhow back on topic having worked a seriously thumping gay club for almost 5 years I never heard one bad comment about music policy's even when it went though some really drastic changes in a matter of weeks (Hard progressive house substituted for deeper housey / slower vibes)...

I think the gay community bar and party goers in general are a hellofalot more open to artistic music creativity on the part of the DJ than a straight crowd is, at least it can be when given the chance blossom and not being pigeon holed into hearing Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand week in week out :P

Just my take on it ... I'd really feel free to experiment, nothing wrong with some REALLY tacky stuff mixed in for kicks though, and it'll be probably appreciated.

Oh and don't forget to throw some poppers in the smoke machine :P

shoulda stopped after the second paragraph frank...

you shot your credibility with the last one...

i agreed with you up till then...

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    shoulda stopped after the second paragraph frank...

you shot your credibility with the last one...

i agreed with you up till then...
    I'm just being honest. Speaking from experience, plenty girls who go to the club are looking to get fucked or find a guy. And they all wanna hear 80's shit, hip-hop that calls them hoes, and the same britney spears and lady gaga tracks they have heard time and time again. So I assume gay guys who act feminine are probably the same way at the club. Just a logical conclusion.

And being a straight male, I go to the club looking to get with girls who want it. I've never gone to a top-40's type club thinking "oh hey I can't wait to hear the same song I've heard on the radio 40 times, not get any numbers, and hopefully I won't have sex tonight." So I assume gay guys who are just "regular dudes" are the same way...except they want to get in another dude's ass. Which is cool with me, different strokes and all that... Why should it be any different? Thinking that it is different would be far more prejudiced of me. Plus, I can't help it if most of the flamboyant gay guys I know are into really kitschy shit (granted I don't know too many).

BTW: I'm not saying ALL gay guys like top-40's music. I'm saying the ones who go specifically to TOP 40's CLUBS like top 40's music and girly shit.

Edit: Sorry all of the above goes for lesbians too. Feminine lesbians like girly ass shit, just like feminine gay guys (and feminine straight guys too) like girly shit. It's not rocket science.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 07-08-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post

I'm Just a logical conclusion.

Edit: Sorry all of the above..... It's not rocket science.
    Resistance.Is.Futile

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    BTW: I'm not saying ALL gay guys like top-40's music. I'm saying the ones who go specifically to TOP 40's CLUBS like top 40's music and girly shit.
    Got it on one. It's not that they like it because they are gay, it's that they are going to the "gay night" because they like that style. Their sexual preference is coincidental.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234