Sloppy Liquid Anthems - 44 minutes of drum and bass

Exclamation Sloppy Liquid Anthems - 44 minutes of drum and bass

Some liquid funk songs of immeasurable quality, mixed with questionable quality, check it out and please comment on what could be done better, what you liked etc.

Tracklist

Limit - Dimensions - Quebolarecords
    Pryzma - Ufology - Medschool
    Velocity - Shadow Roll - HEigital
    Spirit - Star Ship - Horizons Music
    Greg Packer & Makoto - Heatwave - HEigital
    Wreckage Machinery & MJT - Colours - Basswerk
    High Contrast - Return of Forever - Hospital
    Future Engineers - Bionics (Electrosoul System Remix) - Kos.Mos.Music
    Logistics - The Trip - Hospital
    Cain Mos - Alone (Eastcolors Remix) - Basswerk
    Netsky - The Lotus Symphony - Hospital
    Muffler - Dribble - Hospital
    Total Science - Listen - CIA
    London Elektricity - The Plan That Cannot Fail - Hospital
    J Majik & Wickaman - Ritual - Metalheadz
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Things that go BUMP in the night

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Limit - Dimensions - Quebolarecords - great mix
    Pryzma - Ufology - Medschool - smooth mix, i really liked it
    Velocity - Shadow Roll - HEigital - again, another smooth extended mix, blended great
    Spirit - Star Ship - Horizons Music - A bit off key, literally only a little bit though. Barely noticable.
    Greg Packer & Makoto - Heatwave - HEigital - great mix
    Wreckage Machinery & MJT - Colours - Basswerk - not bad, mustve been a pain to mix, the songs are close but different enough to clash. You did good with what you had.
    High Contrast - Return of Forever - Hospital - very nice, loved the drop, sat properly in the mix.
    Future Engineers - Bionics (Electrosoul System Remix) - Kos.Mos.Music - great mix, maintained energy well.
    Logistics - The Trip - Hospital - nice again, good long blend. Alone is a class song, definately warranted a remix from eastcolors, he's done it justice
    Cain Mos - Alone (Eastcolors Remix) - Basswerk - classy mix mate, liked it a lot.
    Netsky - The Lotus Symphony - Hospital - great mix
    Muffler - Dribble - Hospital - songs kinda clashed imo. Just didnt sit great together.
    Total Science - Listen - CIA - decent blend, liked the EQ cut, the drums from listen add a nice shuffle.
    London Elektricity - The Plan That Cannot Fail - Hospital - didnt love the incoming bassline. Tight blend though
    J Majik & Wickaman - Ritual - Metalheadz

Overall a good mix, I preferred the middle set of songs if im honest, they seemed to gel really nicely. Good EQ'ing all round, nothing noteable, which is the way it should be . Beatmatching was spot on as ever and I really like your structure. A Kind of a wave of energy in the middle really worked well.

Good work man, youve gotten much better!
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Thanks for the input flash...As far as the "wave of energy" in the middle could you kinda elaborate on that..as always I just hit record and start mixing, no planning (other than the emphasis on the new hospital stuff for this mix specifically the Netsky, muffler and london elektricity tracks) so I really kinda want to see what I did specifically to add that technique to my (extremely limited) arsenal. In particular what tracks specifically did it happen in, and was it a trick of harmonic change perhaps? Also thanks for noticing the shuffle created by the drums of Listen...that's what I was going for, so mission accomplished for that...Again thanks for listening even though I know this isn't really your kind of DnB (nor mine really :P ) Be Easy

The wave was pretty much due to the dancefloor stuff in the middle. It has a much greater presence than liquid. So you started off slow and it got busier around return of forever, then dropped down again on listen/the plan that cannot fail.

Personally I think the mix couldve lived without ritual, it started raising the energy levels again. But thats by the by.

I dont mind dancefloor when its mixed well, such as here. A lot of dancefloor dnb dj's tend to just slap shit together with no thought and find the most cringeworthy key clash and piercing synth lines possible.

Im glad you're better than that
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Right on, I know what you mean about "dancefloor" (Jump Up?) djs just playing the most in your face track without really thinking much about it, I find alot of times the cymbals just seem to fuck up a mix regularly...as far as throwing ritual in, I ended up needing a bathroom break and that was where it happened so I had to finish early, I wanted to get a full hour in but oh well.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Well, Flash beat me to the punch of giving feedback lol, and fantastic feedback at that. It was a pretty good mix, not the usual sound I look for in drum & bass, but that's just a matter of taste lol.

Keep up the good work man!
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.