Traktor History?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor History?

I'm pretty new to digital djing or controlism and been wondering about Tracktor. I own the VCI-300 and been using it with Itch. I know some of you guys have been using your VCI-300 with Traktor. I also took a step to check it out but been wondering what's the difference between it's version. I know there is Traktor. Traktor 3.4, Traktor Pro and Traktor Sctach or Traktor Pro Scratch. Can anyone break down a little history about the Software. I've been to the site but seems to just inform about all the new stuff. What I'm looking to find out is what came 1st and what's the differernce between Pro or Scratch and what are you guys using for what you do and the style of music you're playing. So in advance I'm going to thank you guys if anyone helps me understand a little more about Traktor. I really like using Itch but it really lacks a lot of stuff that Traktor seems to offer. I want to really try to understand the ins and outs of Traktor as it seems Itch and Serato will take some time to add some of these basic EF features that Traktor seems to offer.

First came Traktor 3 and Traktor scratch -

Traktor Scratch = Traktor 3 + Vinyl timecode support

then came Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro

Traktor Scratch Pro = Traktor Pro + Vinyl timecode support

Tech Wizard

So I'm guess for a midi set up Traktor Scratch Pro is not need. Is there anything different between the two, as in features besides the time code.

Nope thats it. Timecode or no timecode.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.