Ableton Users -- Upgrade Advice needed!

Default Ableton Users -- Upgrade Advice needed!

Ok, so i have Live 8, and am absolutely in love. It combined with Komplete 7 has kept me interested for quite some time.. But after recently trying a demo of M4L i fell in love with the possibilities it opened up in live and after a couple days was using my APC40 in amazing ways that i had always wanted to.. So I saved up with the intentions of getting M4L on my regular version of Live.. After telling a buddy he think I should upgrade to Ableton Suite first and fully learn ableton before i start messing with the M4L stuff. I see his point, but i thought i would get some more input.

What would ya'll recommend for a more production type person that DJ's occasionally, MaxForLive or Upgrading to Suite???
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Tech Mentor

If you like M4L get it, it's a lot of fun, and a lot of possibilities. You have Komplete 7, that in itself is a lot of software and possibilities of sound. Over the years I have bought a few additions to Ableton, mainly Operator and Sampler. I use FM8 or Reaktor WAY more than Operator. I could not live without Sampler though. I too have often thought to upgrade to Suite, but it really seems pointless to me to do it when a newer version of Live is inevitable, and I should just wait till a new version comes out and take advantage of an upgrade to suite then. The only point I see in owning suite is Ableton every now and then gives something away to suite owners. Wether you like what they are giving away is questionable.

I use M4L a whole lot, especially with my APC40.

Suite just adds instruments and some effects. If you're happy with Komplete–and I'm not sure why you wouldn't be–then it won't add anything.

Tech Mentor

M4L for the win, especially for the APC40....

Cheers
    D