help w/ picking out a cheap setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    yes, using audacity is easy and quick. I'll be honest, you would be a fool to buy anything like the cheap stuff you linked above, you will outgrow it fast and want something better when you realize how limiting it is then will be screwed when you can't sell it because no one else would want to buy it. If you want CDJs don't get anything but pioneer or denon.

Craigslist man...

Or just get an S4 and don't ever look back.
    i will not try to resell the 2x cdj200 / xone22. and it wont outgrow me since i know i cant afford what i really want which is cds2000 / xone92 and or djm800. so that inexpensive setup will be current for a llong time, on top of that, i only need it for mixing & beatmatcing, nothing else. 2 features, mix two tracks together and beatmatch. thats it

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    i will not try to resell the 2x cdj200 / xone22. and it wont outgrow me since i know i cant afford what i really want which is cds2000 / xone92 and or djm800. so that inexpensive setup will be current for a llong time, on top of that, i only need it for mixing & beatmatcing, nothing else. 2 features, mix two tracks together and beatmatch. thats it
    thats what you think now then youll start wanting to get more creative watch some youtube videos and then sooner or later youll be wanting to sell your gear and upgrade to the best...i was short on money too got great deals on cdj 1000s and a djm started there then got serato sold that got traktor got an x1 then maschine then x1 sold the cdjs and you keep wanting to be more creative..trust me
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

the blue hole says audio in, so that must be it....?
    yes

also, how would i record the mix, using something like audacity?
    yes

CDJ400s and a Xone:22 and you'd never really have any reason to upgrade. Unless you win the lottery or some such.

Or if you continue frequenting this forum and turn into a gear slut. Then you're fucked.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

What Popinjay said.

Also, the two basic 'featues' of mixing and beatmatching are exactly what those crappy cheap products wont be good at. Everyone's recommending you to buy solid stuff because of build quality and reliability, not because of fancy features.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Honestly the CDJ 200s will work. They do enough. The pitch fader is precise enough (unlike the 100). I just fucking hate the platters.

I'd actually recomend other brands before pioneer for lower end gear though, pioneer stuff costs and arm and a leg. They only really shine with the pro level stuff.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Honestly the CDJ 200s will work. They do enough. The pitch fader is precise enough (unlike the 100). I just fucking hate the platters.

I'd actually recomend other brands before pioneer for lower end gear though, pioneer stuff costs and arm and a leg. They only really shine with the pro level stuff.
    yeah the pitch fader is important, since i will lower the pitch then slowly rise it when beatmatching. so thanks for letting me know its precise

Honestly it'd hard to find a CDJ which has a shitty pitch fader these days.

Have you beat matched before? I have no idea how you would do it using the fader like that.

Sorry but the CDJ200's are horrible. The club i used to play in had them as backup and we tried to use them for a 4deck mashup between two of us and ended up giving up after a few songs because the feel of them is just horrible,

In my time ive used 100s, 200s, 350s, 400s, 800mk2s, 1000mk2+3, and 900s, and the best value for money id say were the 400s, they are amazing little players and you can pick them up on ebay (along with a DJM400, another gem of a mixer) for chips. With that small setup you can do pretty much anything, and if you decide to go via the traktor route like a lot of others on this forum you can use them as midi controllers via the USB port on the back of them, can probably do this with VDJ as well, Or if youd like to go serato then the platters are good enough quality as well.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

True, they are horrible. But they are good enough if you want absolute bargain shit like this guy does. They work, just about.

Not that I really rate ever getting the cheaper pioneer shit. lol cheap pioneer.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast