New controllers, brand
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default New controllers, brand

Hi there!
    So... Here is the thing... I'm making a brand for new controllers. I already have contacts to sell these and produce them with a good price.
    Now, i'm searching for what people need!

My first controller idea is to round up effects and loop modules... What do you think? For you, as digital djs, what do you look for? What's the things that you would love to have on a controller?

Starting with just effects and loop modules is easier for the investment and this way I can gain some experience on the market. Later I'll go with a full controller... Even though, ideas? I want to know what you would love to have on the controllers...

led feedback on encoders is kind of hard to get. they have to be custom made. i didn't find any supplier of that yet, at least for an interesting price.
    buttons of course but... for what?

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...d+ring+encoder
    hope that helps

would love to seem more of them on controllers

buttons for practically anything... have to be quite big and have a "nice feel" (touchy, bouncy, responsiveness)

I've seen that already but each of those costs 12$ so... let's say you want 10 encoders it will cost 120$ plus the cost of each encoder. See the impracticality?
    About nice feel... I'm thinking on using micro switches. I have circle and square caps i'll have to decide the best. I could use something like Akai buttons but that way I need touch sensitive pads and then I need a bigger case. Once again it will bump the price. I could use arcade buttons also... That can be a solution but I can't use on everything otherwise I'll have to have a bigger case once again.

The problem with bumping the price is that no one will buy it then.

dude look at the price of the s4, its alot but if it is worth the money people will buy it.

Now ideas, think creative, something that will catch someone like ean golden or richie hawtins eye, something like moldover did with the mojo. He did it oin the shape of his hand, you could build a new feature or introduce a new workflow idea, work on the design abit and make some prototypes and you could have yourself the next s4.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    dude look at the price of the s4, its alot but if it is worth the money people will buy it.

Now ideas, think creative, something that will catch someone like ean golden or richie hawtins eye, something like moldover did with the mojo. He did it oin the shape of his hand, you could build a new feature or introduce a new workflow idea, work on the design abit and make some prototypes and you could have yourself the next s4.
    well but let's be fair, S4 has pretty expensive components on it. If my controller costs as much as S4, people won't buy right?
    For now, I don't want to do a S4, I want to start small.
    To reach a good design, I need to know what I'll have on the controller first eheheh

Tech Guru

wireless capability, either via bluetooth or wifi. the reason being is for a tidier setup. i have a 13" MBP which only has 2 usb ports that are currently taken up by audio 8 and a xone 1d and im loathed to get a powered usb hub...messy!lol

i do have a design idea for a tidy MBP compatible and powered usb hub if ur interested?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    wireless capability, either via bluetooth or wifi. the reason being is for a tidier setup. i have a 13" MBP which only has 2 usb ports that are currently taken up by audio 8 and a xone 1d and im loathed to get a powered usb hub...messy!lol

i do have a design idea for a tidy MBP compatible and powered usb hub if ur interested?
    well, the problem with bluetooth / wifi and these kind of software and controller is as obvious latency and price. but that's a pretty interesting idea... i'll check that out thanks for the idea.

about the powered usb hub... i don't see a use for now, maybe later when i do a controller with integrated sound card.

Tech Wizard

If you are serious about this, I have some ideas for small extra controllers (everyone daydreams from time to time) I think having a conversation could benefit this idea. And right now one that I'm researching is a midi mixer. Shoot me a PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast