Resource for "Effect" definitions
    Tech Convert

Default Resource for "Effect" definitions

Does anyone know if there is a site, page or link of some sort that defines what parameters in an effect do what? Or am I overlooking something somewhere?

For instance, take the BeatSlicer in Single mode. You have 3 knobs and 3 buttons. The "RST" is universal and resets all parameter. But what about the others? You have "BUZZ", "STYLE", "PAT" knobs and "GO", "2 BAR" buttons. I'm trying to find out what exactly these do as defined.
    Obviously these parameters change according to what effect you have selected.

I've researched this as well and other than the "Bible" is there anywhere to find this information. Not only for the BeatSlicer but all the other effects as well?
    Here's where I get to insert all the devices that I own. It dignifies how important I am.

Tech Guru

check your traktor manual? has info on all effects...
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

the manual is in the native instruments programs folder under documentations.

on a mac:
    /Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Documentation
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Yes, the Application Reference tells you what does what
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

gahh, yep overlooked.

Thanks for the responses to a seemingly novice question.
    Here's where I get to insert all the devices that I own. It dignifies how important I am.

Tech Guru

Its grand I used traktor for a couple years before I realised the actual meaning of most the effects... its better to experiment and find your "own" sound then to do stuff logically in my opinion
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x