Audio 6 Problem: Distorted Sound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio 6 Problem: Distorted Sound

Hey Guys,

When i was at a gig I hooked up my Audio 6, My blackbook, and my X1. I loaded up the latest version of Traktor 2 Scratch Pro.

Anyway when I was playing I noticed that my sound was getting distorted as i played and by the 6th song it was about 80% noise and 20% music. I then shutdown the program and relaunched Traktor 2. And everything was perfect again but gradually the noise and distortion came back.

I tried switching the outputs from Deck A out to Deck B out. Still it did not solve the problem. At the end of the night I gave up.

I have a hypothesis though. My dj booth was vibrating because of the subwoofer and sounds and so i guess my audio 6 was vibrating too. I wonder if this could be the source of the problem. What do you guys think? Did this problem happen to you?

The next day i troubleshot the program. I simulated everything except the vibrating dj booth and everything went perfectly. The audio 6 performed flawlessly.

And just wondering, if you shake your audio 6 do you hear moving objects in it? I shook my Audio 6 to make sure it wasn't broken and I hear some sounds (maybe the wires or screw).

Thank you for your help.

Sounds like either a latency problem or the powersupply has gone bad.
    What are your sound settings? How many megahurtz and what's the latency?
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Wizard

Thank you Audeo for replying.

My setting is 48000 Hz and latency 896. I'm using a 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo, 3gb 667mhz ddr2sd ram macbook.

Would you happen to have an audio 6?

drop your sample rate to 44.1 and fiddle around a bit with the latency ... also, sounds like something has rattled loose inside the casing mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I see I see. Rattled loose huh? Yikes. Tested the Audio 6 again, but this time on my turntables and didn't encounter any problems at all.

Another question would your Audio 6 sometimes "warm up"? Mine seems to sometimes. Thank you!

Are you using it with turntables, because if your not you might have it set to phono & line instead of just line. also i ha this problem with my audio 4, if you are running you laptop with wifi on it can sometimes make the output more noise that sound.

Tech Wizard

Thank you Mr. Drummer boy for replying.

Well the sound distortion problem occurred when I was simply using the kontrol x1 as my midi controller and nothing else.

Perhaps it could be the internet that caused the distortion but i do remember shutting my wifi down before I performed.

But I did not restart my computer prior to performance time. Perhaps doing so would have solved the problem.

Keep in mind though that my dj booth was vibrating. Do you think this was the cause? Thank you!

The booth vibrating wouldn't have one any damage unless you were using shit cables, because it could have been interference which has nothing to do with your souncard.

You should always do a compleat re-start of you computer before going on, or shut it down properly and only turn it back on at the gig.
    Your software of choice should also be the first an only thing you open till after the gig.

Tech Wizard

Thanks Mr. Drummer boy for replying!

That makes sense! I'll keep that in mind the next time I gig. Would you happen to have a Audio 6 too?

Why lower the Khz? I suggest upping it. Try 96Khz if your CPU can handle that. It'll get the latency down and the sound will remain good.

You also might want to check what source your putting into the Audio6. When using turntables > Timecode Vinyl, when using CDJ > Timecode CD / Line.

If the Audio6 is anything like my Audio4 but with more inputs/outputs, it's pretty much completely solid state and nothing would be able to shake loose. But if it persists, contact NI for a replacement unit.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast