Know anything about full size electric pianos?

Default Know anything about full size electric pianos?

I got my old man a microkorg XL for his birthday and it's rekindled his interest in playing the piano (gave up about 40 years back). He asked me for advice on buying a full size 88 key high quality electric piano (he would get a real one but doesn't want to subject everyone around him to the pain of his relearning after 40 years lol).

Does anyone know anything about them? I haven't the first clue. I told him that to start with the best thing to do is go to a store or somewhere you can try a variety of them out, but other than that I'm stuck. He's after something high quality and price isn't too much of a problem, but obviously he doesn't want to end up just paying for a name.

Any thoughts?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

bugger. Meant to put this in production and ended up accidentally clicking on mixes and productions. If a mod happens to pass by, do as you see fit!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES