Traktor Pro 2 with Serato Box
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro 2 with Serato Box

I have tried to search for this in the forums but simply cannot find it. Too much junk to look through so if there has been in depth discussion on this topic I apologize. Please just link me to the discussion.

Is it possible to use the Traktor Pro 2 with the control code vinyl using a Serato box? It would be quite useful given that most clubs just have a SL1 or 2 hooked up and get retarded when you mess with their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer4hire View Post
    I have tried to search for this in the forums but simply cannot find it. Too much junk to look through if there has been in depth discussion on this topic.

Is it possible to use the Traktor Pro 2 with the control code vinyl using a Serato box? It would be quite useful given that most clubs just have a SL1 or 2 hooked up and get retarded when you mess with their shit.
    Nope, too bad.
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

I have tried to search for this in the forums but simply cannot find it. Too much junk to look through so if there has been in depth discussion on this topic I apologize. Please just link me to the discussion.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...traktor+serato

This should help, there was a discussion on interchangeability of Traktor and SSL boxes the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

I here there are windows ASIO drivers that can accomplish something like this.

As far as I know there are ASIO and core audio drivers for everything except the SL-1. Obviously none of them work with Traktor timecode.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

given that most clubs IN AMERICA just have a SL1 or 2 hooked up and get retarded when you mess with their shit.
    Fixed that quote for you dude.
    There are NO clubs in my city that have SL boxes installed or even owned.
    There are at least 4 that have Audio 8s either installed or owned.

Jus sayin'

ASIO and CoreAudio will work for all but SL1, though not for timecode and not for the new MacBook Pros. Only Native Instruments Soundcards or Traktor Certified Mixers will work with timecode, barring some sort of hack/crack/workaround of which I'm not aware and have no interest in. Even if you could get it to work on other hardware, it probably wouldn't work well considering it was designed and specced around the NI/NI licensed hardware.

Traktor Pro = will work with suitable drivers.
    Traktor SCRATCH pro = won't work due to NI being a dick and limiting their software to specific hardware purely for profit reasons.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Traktor Pro = will work with suitable drivers.
    Traktor SCRATCH pro = won't work due to NI being a dick and limiting their software to specific hardware purely for profit reasons.
    Isnt that exactly the same as Serato limiting SSL to the SL boxes? (i know your not saying that it isnt, im just pointing it out for balance).

Plus, as you say Traktor Pro can be used with any card.

Not sure how "profit reasons" would come as a surprise but also one of the reason NI cite is the same reason that only certain mixers are certified. They have to meet a high enough standard.
    No doubting that many soundcards are of high enough quality (ive got 2 Presonus cards that could/should do the job) but ... its their DVS software, its their choice. They can restrict it cus its good and people want to buy it.
    There are other DVS systems that dont require any proprietary card. My only guess is that those companies assume that less people will buy their software if they restrict it to certain hardware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast