Madeon mixes 39 songs in 3min and 25sec - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Guys, this is cool but I don't know why you're saying it'd take forever to set up the launchpad to do that. All you'd have to do is stick the 29 tunes in ableton and set a play point for each song and then set the global quantisation to a beat turn it off or something. The launchpad defaults to a clip grid so it's not hard at all.

It's about as much work as beat gridding 29 tracks :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

mmm...i think its a bit more than that yo.

Before all of that, you need to get the right tracks selected, chop em up if needed etc.

So there is a bit of work going into it. Dunno about the setup of Launchpad tho.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Not really. You don't need to chop them up, just move the play marker, it's like setting a load point in traktor.

edit: and chopping them up is just setting 2 points :P super easy.

aiit!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I don't get it.
    356 reasons why

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    The sickest part is that he's like 17 years old, and his remixes have incredible polish. Listen to his stuff and keep telling yourself he's not out of high school yet.

Insanely talented.
    Age is irrelevant. Anything I'm capable of learning to do now would've been no more difficult than when I was 12 years old; past true childhood, growing older doesn't naturally increase mental or creative ability. It's all a matter of when you start, and how much you practice. The whole "child prodigy" angle is just a promotional gimmick, because it's not enough to be young and skilled. He has to have developed the skill in amounts disproportional to the amount of time it was practiced. It's like when you see a 14 year old asian kid playing piano as if he were a concert pianist. At first you think, "My god, he's only 14, he must be a genius." Then you learn that he's been practicing every day for 3 hours since he was four years old. Ask if you couldn't do the same thing given that much time put into it.

His productions and mixes are quality, but it's just too cheesy for words. Which means that he'll probably be signed to mau5trap any day now.
    Last edited by qyzyx; 07-13-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qyzyx View Post
    Age is irrelevant. Anything I'm capable of learning to do now would've been no more difficult than when I was 12 years old; past true childhood, growing older doesn't naturally increase mental or creative ability. It's all a matter of when you start, and how much you practice. The whole "child prodigy" angle is just a promotional gimmick, because it's not enough to be young and skilled. He has to have developed the skill in amounts disproportional to the amount of time it was practiced. It's like when you see a 14 year old asian kid playing piano as if he were a concert pianist. At first you think, "My god, he's only 14, he must be a genius." Then you learn that he's been practicing every day for 3 hours since he was four years old. Ask if you couldn't do the same thing given that much time put into it.
    Word to that... keep seeing people flip about guys like Porter Robinson, Arty, Alesso, etc being geniuses, not considering that these guys have been putting in the work while other kids were throwing rocks at each other. To be clear, not disrespecting the young guys at all, just saying its about working your ass off, not being gifted.

Hell to the mother fucking yes. I don't give two shits if you're old, young, black, white, ugly, short, missing a limb, whatever, I give a shit about what you put out the speakers. (and maybe if you're a nice guy) :P

Since I first saw this, I've been watching it twice before going to sleep.
    This is seriously mindblowingly amazingly awesome.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Mentor

SUCK ON THAT PORTER.

but seriously this guy is rising up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast