Madeon mixes 39 songs in 3min and 25sec - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

yeah... considering it's nothing more than pre-assigned cue points, etc., I don't see it as that big of a deal. Definitely impressive, but not mindblowing. When Jeff Mills or Bad Boy Bill did this type of thing 15 years ago before technology made it all almost automatic, it was a much bigger feat. I think almost anyone could do this with a small bit of practice. =/

Daaaaaaaaaang! check the top comments on the video! Deadmau5 loves it! thats pretty impressive..... Says he would sign him to mau5trap if he didnt have to clear so many samples! crazy

EDIT: well, cause the video is blowing up right now, hes not in the top comments.... haha but its in there somewhere
    Last edited by Georgeo0; 07-13-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

LOL....you guys are unbelievable....

Can you not just give props when something is done well.

No where did it say he is a prodigy....

Nemo said he was 16 or something. I think what he means is that he has showed interest enough and has been dedicated to it at a young age. That is a good thing.

It shows he has self motivation and has found something he loves early in life.

Something like is to be celebrated.....I would have LOVED to have had my current skill set at the age 16. Imagine where I would be now. Further than i currently am...thats for sure.

LOL

I will say it again. If its that easy\simple\non technical....lets see yours.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    If its that easy\simple\non technical....lets see yours.
    This... I honestly wasn't really blown away by this routine like a lot of people (much more impressed by a lot of stuff Ean and others have done), but I'm not gonna knock the dude when I can't do the same.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post

I will say it again. If its that easy\simple\non technical....lets see yours.
    Yeah we have a serious lack of user videos on here. Even the video contests on the blog have pretty much stopped probably because of a lack of entries.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah!

true!

I mean...I don't have a routine video up or anything....but I got a couple clips of me doing my thing at least.

MORE VIDEO's!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Guys, this is cool but I don't know why you're saying it'd take forever to set up the launchpad to do that. All you'd have to do is stick the 29 tunes in ableton and set a play point for each song and then set the global quantisation to a beat turn it off or something. The launchpad defaults to a clip grid so it's not hard at all.

It's about as much work as beat gridding 29 tracks :P
    Trust me, it's a lot more work than that. You are right that setting cue points is not technically complex. But he still has to:
    - choose songs that work together
    - find notes/chords within multiple songs that are the same key and can be played simultaneously and/or in sequence
    - find timbres from difference songs that work simultaneously and/or in sequence
    - finally, the biggest job of all, compose the piece and execute it

I would challenge anyone who thinks it's easy to try something even 1/4 as complicated and post it here. Should be as easy as beat-gridding 10 tracks right?

I was talking about purely setup which is what people seemed to be saying was complicated earlier.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I was talking about purely setup which is what people seemed to be saying was complicated earlier.
    Oh, well that much I agree with. He just dragged songs into Ableton Live slots and set cue points. Dragging songs was the easy part. I was saying that everything else took forever.

Tech Guru

I liked it very much. Not sure why some folks have to be negative...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast