Maya Jane Coles, what's all the hype about?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Maya Jane Coles, what's all the hype about?

Can some one explain how how Maya Jane Coles has worked her way up the ladder so fast? Her productions are solid, no doubt about that, and I've listened to some sets from her and she knows how to deliver the goods but what has she done to get her as much attention and notice she has?

Just really confused on this one

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think you answered your own question. Solid production and good sets tend to result in positive things. Some good promotions and being on the right labels certainly don't hurt, but the first two points are the most important.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Banned

But there are tons of producers/DJ's out there who are doing better stuff and don't have as much recognition as she does. That alone doesn't get you to the point where she's at right now in my opinion.

like who?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Convert

The track 'What They Say' got everyone's attention first.
    Followed by a few other tracks and then she done a RA mix and her name becomes more known and then promoters are more willing to book her. More people see her name at clubs nights and/or see her name popping up on dj charts or come across her tunes. Then she does an essential mix etc etc

Helps that she is female and has a cool sounding name but give her credit she has broke through from good tunes and decent dj'ing

shes amazin. Im going to see her at the shipping forecast in liverpool on the 30th of this month.

MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    like who?
    Guti, John Lagora, Carlo Lio, Mirko Loko, Ernesto Ferreyra, Michel Cleis, Martin Buttrich, Davide Squallice, Matthias Tanzmann and so on.

Here in Europe people like Buttrich, Squillace and Tanzmann have a much bigger name in the scene than Maya. And while her tracks are solid, they are also a bit more mainstream/easy to listen to, so she has a much bigger audience. And don't forget; two years ago Davide Squillace also became big in a short time, which was mainly because Dubfire took him in as his protege. The same is happening now with Carlo Lio (ok, ok, Rawthentic helps a bit).

Buttrich is a hero and he already got a lot of credit, not only for his own work but most of the tracks with the names "Timo Maas" and "Loco Dice" on it are by his hand too.

Sorry to say it, but I don't really understand what the fuss is about...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Guti, John Lagora, Carlo Lio, Mirko Loko, Ernesto Ferreyra, Michel Cleis, Martin Buttrich, Davide Squallice, Matthias Tanzmann and so on.
    Virtually all of these have bigger international profile/gigs than Maya Jane Coles so dont understand your point!?

She has made a small name for herself but thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think you answered your own question. Solid production and good sets tend to result in positive things. Some good promotions and being on the right labels certainly don't hurt, but the first two points are the most important.
    Basically this!

But it's not that she hasn't been around.

She has been popping out sets and tracks for quite some time now.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast