Awesome article on RA about the possible future of music consumption
    Banned

Default Awesome article on RA about the possible future of music consumption

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=14268

Really interested in checking this out and to see if it works how I think it should, and if it does then more artists need to start releasing their tracks/albums like this!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=14268

Really interested in checking this out and to see if it works how I think it should, and if it does then more artists need to start releasing their tracks/albums like this!

very cool post

It cool because if you manipulate the sound through touch that'll mean that eventually the sounds could be endless, manipulating the story therefore manipulating one song into many songs.

Just one question isn't that what any dj does?! (by remixing songs?!)
    VCI-100 (DJTT Overlay - 1.4) - Neon Yellow Knobs
    Midi-Fighter
    15" MacBook Pro (Quad-Core i7)
    Traktor Pro 2 w/ Audio 2 DJ
    Stephon Ikōs (www.soundcloud.com/gbushkuhl)

Tech Guru

i like the idea of artists releasing their stuff as stems/ableton project files.
    especially for dance oriented artists, releasing their stuff in this type of format would be very appealing to the djs and remixers who buy their music in the first place. very smart move.

as far as releasing them as apps like bjork is doing, that just seems kind of gimmicky more than anything. people typically enjoy music while doing something else, which really removes the need to make it interactive to enhance enjoyment of it. the only time something like that could be appreciated is waiting rooms at the doctor's office or riding the bus.