Help for Grandpa Disco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help for Grandpa Disco

I have been using tractor VCI 100 with the Tractor LE to broadcast mixes on my internet show on prepartyradio.com. I just downloaded the upgrade to Traktor Pro and I have no idea how the settings should be arranged. The vestax doesnt control the software. But the software works perfectly when I use the mouse. I know this probably was easy for all you young dudes but this is rocket science to me. Can someone send me somewhere for help to get this working please

Much Thanks

Rhouse

Tech Convert

Have u checked the Midi mapping in the Settings? Normally you should be able to import a mapping for the vi-100 or you can also use the "Midi Learn" function to arrange the buttons for your needs. Best way is to go to Settings - Midi Mapping - and on the left lower corner click on Import. There will be a list of different controllers, go to vci-100 and use this one.
    Normally it should work without any problems.
    Note that this midi mapping has different controls than the ones which are written on your console.

Hope that I could help you, for any other questions I'd be glad to help.

Tech Convert

Default thanks

I still cant get it to work. Do you know what all the other settings should be? Sorry for being such a dunce about this.

Tech Convert

Ok so check these things:
    1. If you press the buttons and try the switches/knobs on the vci-100 does the "Data Send" light go on?
    2.Did you load the midi mapping for the vci-100 from the settings?
    3.Go to Settings, then Midi Setup and you'll see two boxes on the right, where you have to tick them. This should enable the Vestax.

This troubleshoot should solve the problems. Let me know if it works!

Tech Convert

Default Still not working

Thanks so much for helping Nick.

Still not working.

The controller is sending, light blinks
    I imported vestax
    As for the last step I see Midi Input devices and Midi output devices . Each has listed SB Aduigy Midid IO and USB Audio Device Both say emulated. Then below has Something called Midid clock settings.

Rhouse

Tech Convert

Ok so everything's ok with your console, that's good
    In the Midi Setup there where it says Input and output next to the "SB Audigy Midi IO" you will see a little box (above it says "Active"). Tick these boxes (input and output) and then it will be activated.

Inform me on anything new, it's a pleasure helping other djs

I think it's actually the 'USB Audio Device' which should be activated since it's the VCI-100.

Something like this:

Tech Convert

Thanks aanrii for the picture! That's exactly what i mean, so rhouse tick the boxes, in order to activate the vci-100.

Tech Convert

Default Still Issue

Well guys I do so appreciate the advice. Unfortunatley still nothing. Maybe there is something funky about my set up.

I have a Numark IO as an external sound card. To boradcast I have the master out of the numark routed into my internal sound card line in.

What I really need to directions on each on of the settings. For example Should I have teh settings set to internal or external mixe. Internal is where I have it set.

Rhouse

But you can hear the music? That isn't the problem? I'm just making sure that I understand your problem correctly.

So the very basic procedure to make VCI-100 working:

1. Connect vci-100 to usb. Turn it on. All the lights go on and windows doesn't complain about anything.

2. Start Traktor. When it's fully loaded go to settings and check the Midi Setup as described before.

3. Import Midi mappings from the .tsi file in: MIDI Mappings\VCI-100\TP_Vestax_VCI-100_v1.0.tsi

Make sure you have the VCI, and not the VCM folder and file.

After those you should be able to control Traktor with VCI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast