[Soundcard:Traktor Pro] Setting Up Presonus Firebox Soundcard W\Traktor Pro - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ataru View Post
    Can you configure the headphone output on the Firebox as the Monitor Out? And I have a Mac which allegedly "does not need a driver".
    I reread this and after a piece of restating what you said above, I get it now: you used the SPDIF -> RCA connector that came with the Firebox and plug the headphones into that (after setting monitor to 7/8).

Never mind!

You are probably wrong.
    Cue routing goes like this(for 1-3 decks, not 4):
    Traktor Cue/Preview -> Presonus SPDIF(this is software/virtual channels)
    Then after that is set up, in presonus-mixer you select/route SPDIF software channels to the headphones hardware channels/output. There is no need to "use the SPDIF -> RCA connector" since you have a nice headphone preamp built into the soundcard. That SPDIF output would not produce any sound as it outputs digital signal and not audio.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

TOS is correct, the SPDIF settings are just an internal routing option. basically you need to change what is being routed to the headphone jack and then select that as the cue in your software.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    TOS is correct, the SPDIF settings are just an internal routing option. basically you need to change what is being routed to the headphone jack and then select that as the cue in your software.
    I gotcha now. Although it brings up my other question related to the Mac side, as Presonus' site says that the software drivers are not required. Or maybe the drivers are required to have working cue channel?

Thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ataru View Post
    I gotcha now. Although it brings up my other question related to the Mac side, as Presonus' site says that the software drivers are not required. Or maybe the drivers are required to have working cue channel?

Thanks for the information!
    You will need the presonus mixer software to be able to select which output is being outputed to the monitor - im not sure about the drivers but you will definantly need that installed. I would personally install any drivers you can get for it anyway to make sure your using the latest drivers which should (hopefully) get you the best performance possible.

Tech Convert

I can't view the attached thumbnails - are the links broken?

O do you know about how connect saffire pro 14 and traktor pro, i am confused, i can not monitoring mix in headphones, do you know why?
    Thanx
    Best Regards [DJ Y-Sab] Vestax VCI-100 SE Traktor Scratch Pro Ableton Live 8 FL studio
    SoundClouds

I never had any experience with saffire14 (only saffire 6). If you have saffire drivers installed they should supply you with ASIO for that same soundcard and ASIO is usually pretty straightforward (no DSP/SoftMixer in the middle to fiddle with your sound).
    In case the Saffire14 has some king of onboard hardware DSP (for routing at least), you should check your SoftMixer app that came with the soundcard driver installation.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Default SPDIF option doesn't appear in Traktor "output monitor" dropdown

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    You are probably wrong.
    Cue routing goes like this(for 1-3 decks, not 4):
    Traktor Cue/Preview -> Presonus SPDIF(this is software/virtual channels)
    Then after that is set up, in presonus-mixer you select/route SPDIF software channels to the headphones hardware channels/output. There is no need to "use the SPDIF -> RCA connector" since you have a nice headphone preamp built into the soundcard. That SPDIF output would not produce any sound as it outputs digital signal and not audio.
    First of all thank you (all) so much - this whole thread is incredibly helpful for this amateur right here.

I've been trying to get this setup going... following along, it all works (setting up the FireBox mixer per the FAQ, etc) but no matter what I do I can't get SPDIF option to appear in Traktor's "output monitor" dropdown.

I'm using a Mac... does that affect whether SPDIF shows up? Thanks again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123