Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah, good review but the price Pioneer are asking is far too much,
    for what it is and only two channels.

Better off with the DB4 imo
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

cRaZy MoNeY.

For £800 I might consider it. Plus you still need to pay for the Pro upgrade. Another £250...

Madness
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Pioneer to me missed the mark in a few key ways

- Lack of Mixer control for Sample decks, what was nice about the S4 was that you have a full EQ and fader section for decks c/d without having to switch anything

- Price, You could get a almost buy a used DJM 909, an X1, and an audio 4 for that price, and get both Traktors FX and Pioneers touch screen post fader fx

- No internal fx, I have to say after using the DJM 900, I love their FX and sound color Fx and love that they're post fader. Maybe Pioneer knows something we don't though, perhaps Traktor will get the option for Post Fader Fx rendering this point moot.

if this was suppose to be a next gen 909 then it failed

I'll just buy a DJM 2000 for a tad more.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    Yeah, good review but the price Pioneer are asking is far too much,
    for what it is and only two channels.

Better off with the DB4 imo
    well yeah but the DB4 is more than twice what you can get the Pioneer for. Better to compare in its class price-wise -- and you're still right, the Pio loses in my opinion. Denon, Ecler, Korg, and Mackie all have TSP certified mixers in this price range that far outshine this one, at least in terms of basics like sound quality and hardware functionality. And if you set the TSP integration aside I'd be far more interested in a used Xone 92 or Empath than one of these. (Hell, even sticking to two channels I'd take a TTM-57 over this). That said, I really want to hear more about the possibilities of the LFO MIDI controls which sound interesting but I'm not sure I understand what they're doing.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

@rdej47 - agree on all those points; as far as the internal effects I tried the 900 recently and I loved the way they had the built in effects laid out. In that sense Pioneer gets it more than anyone else -- it pains me to say this, but even the DB4 could learn something from the way that Pioneer dealt with the effects on the 900. I only played a couple hours on it but everything that I was most likely to use was readily available with little to no clicking around or searching, and there were knobs on each channel to apply the effect seamlessly.

The other point they fail on is being on the fence about this as a battle mixer. If it's a scratch mixer, they could have done some obvious things like smooth adjustable channel faders and phono/line toggles and maybe kill switches, but for some reason they decided not to ... it's like they wanted a mixer that would appeal to the scratch crowd without actually being that useful as a battle mixer.

And I have to say generally I'm not a huge fan of the Pioneer sound but the 900 was a little warmer than I remember, which to me is a step in the right direction. If the DJM-T1 has a similar sound, that would be a really good thing.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan