[OT] are you f-ing kidding me NI?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [OT] are you f-ing kidding me NI?

I've owned and legally updated Traktor Scratch since 1.0.... Yet still if I want to download a control CD google sends me to rapidshare??? I'm sure there's a way to get it off the NI site if I remembered my password or if I was on my DJ laptop but for shit's sake, this is a 2khz tone we're talking about, not some precious trade secret. Meanwhile you can download the competition's timecode *along with the program itself* for free any time without entering passwords, and a google search brings you to their site, not some shady warez site.

I'm just sayin'.... I love NI but some public relations expertise could go a long way.
    Last edited by djproben; 07-14-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: CD not vinyl
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I love NI but some public relations expertise could go a long way.
    +1

They should steal Zach from DJTT.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    +1

They should steal Zach from DJTT.
    +1

They should. But I'd be sad to see him go cuz he's a customer service beast.
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

Isn't it available through service center or something?

I find it rather normal that you have to be logged in (in other words a confirmation that you own scratch) before being able to download it.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Mentor

You can download it really easy trough their service center app:

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    I find it rather normal that you have to be logged in (in other words a confirmation that you own scratch) before being able to download it.
    This is what I'm talking about. Making your customers prove they're not criminals before giving them access to something that should be free to everyone is just bad PR.

I agree with you that NI can learn a thing or two when it comes to rewarding customers (shady upgrade options, charging loyal customers 300 euros for the scratch ability), but I think the service center way of working is a rather logical one.

You can say you need to prove you're not a criminal or to check if your setup is the right one so no-one gets falsly disappointed. Also, it's a nice way to make piracy a little bit harder without limiting your customers.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Mentor

This is what I'm talking about. Making your customers prove they're not criminals before giving them access to something that should be free to everyone is just bad PR.
    Im glad not everyone feels that way.

...Meanwhile you can download the competition's timecode *along with the program itself* for free any time...
    You gotta admit, thats probably why Serato has such a huge market share (which NI is trying to steal).

I thought the TTM57 / 1200s route was too expensive for me, so I went the controller/Traktor route, yet the club where I'm currently running a night has a SL4 installed. Another sale to Serato....
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

I understand the piracy motive but who pirates timecode? The service center is great for the software itself and updates to it and so forth, but I don't see how they would lose out by making timecode files easier to access. Anyway, I'm over it now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast