CDJ's + S4?

Thread: CDJ's + S4?

Tech Mentor

Default CDJ's + S4?

Is it true? Can it be done?

I have a buddy who use CD's and i use traktor with my S4.
    Can we hook them up so he uses CD and i use S4 togehter?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Sure, as long as you get the timecode upgrade

or you could put decks c/d as live inputs, and plug his cdjs into those. you could also use the cdjs as midi controllers (but that would sort of destroy the purpose of having em )
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Tech Wizard

If you have the S4 scratch upgrade, you can use timecode CDs to control decks 3 & 4. You could also use the buttons to send midi, but that's only available on certain decks. Or you could hook the CD deck outputs to the inputs on the S4's sound card, set two decks in Traktor to audio and mix them in there, but I've always experienced alot of latency when trying to route audio into traktor via sound card.

Tech Mentor

Is the best way to get a 3 or 4 chanel mixer and plug my S4 in to it? Like a DJM800?

Traktor is a 4 channel mixer, you can make decks C & D live inputs for CDJs. Only downside is you have to have traktor on for the mixer to work. Therefore no live output of your CDJs through the S4 without traktor being on. But its pretty simple, I did it before, just get timecode update for the S4 and control disc for the cdjs and you can control 4 decks. No needs for a DJM unless you want an analog mixer.

I did the S4 and cdjs for a while, but disliked having to have my comp hooked up all the time so went with a DJM CDJ combo, and never looked back.