MP3 file repair.... Save metadata/ID3 info
    Tech Wizard

Default MP3 file repair.... Save metadata/ID3 info

Hello All,
    I've noticed some audio distortion creeping in to some of my tracks recently which I can only put down to file corruption (yes, I have a new HD ready!).
    I have a question to the more technically knowledable among you: is there a way to extract the metadata/ID3 data from said MP3's and then apply to fresh (archived) versions thus maintaining cover art / ID data / traktor grids and cues...?
    [Traktor Pro 2] [Kontrol S4] [2x Midi Fighters]
    [Macbook Pro 2.4GHz 2008 - 4GB RAM]
    [Mac OS 10.7.1]
    I found a picture of me playing on vinyl many, many moons ago and it got me thinking.........

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I would try some of the tracks you here distortion in on a different computer or drive and see if it's actually the file.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

You can try Godfather, it should be able to to work for you : http://the-godfather.en.softonic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KingRichard1st View Post
    Hello All,
    I've noticed some audio distortion creeping in to some of my tracks recently which I can only put down to file corruption (yes, I have a new HD ready!).
    I have a question to the more technically knowledable among you: is there a way to extract the metadata/ID3 data from said MP3's and then apply to fresh (archived) versions thus maintaining cover art / ID data / traktor grids and cues...?

I can really make use of this information. Thanks for the site you provided. I hope it will work for me. I'm also considering other sites about different file repair and restoring data.