Possibly a noob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly a noob

Tech Guru

Default Possibly a noob

Ok so got some new speakers today for production, jbl 4236sp...Im jacked.

Anyways go to play with my s4 for the first time in about a month and I start it up and traktor 2 runs fine but then my s4 controller has no response and will not light up or nothing.

It does the initial vegas lightshow but then nothing. I think I installed mashine on it last before using traktor but I don't konw what the problem could be.

I checked preferences and everything seemed fine.

Any suggestions

/I'm sure I'm missing something simple...atleast I hope I am.

Thanks as always

Tech Guru

Have you checked the LEDs settings in preferences -> S4? The 2.0.3 update is messing these up somehow.

Tech Guru

I haven't checked them but the jogs didn't respond so I'm guessing thats not the problem. will check tmr though

Tech Guru

hmm, there's also the midi mode. Shift + Browse toggles between MIDI & NHL mode. Try switching between them, but also check the dim settings

Tech Guru

Thank you thank you ill try it. I don't think it has anything else to do with my preferences which just baffles me becuz its like its not responding at all.

Tech Guru

that'd probably be the mode.

the 2.0.3 update comes with driver & firmware updates. My S4 also had similar behaviour after the upgrade.

let me know how it goes

Tech Guru

Well since traktro deleted all my playlists and I don't have wireless at my apt right now...maybe I'll go get some starbucks tonight and start updating away.

/uninstall and re-install.

Or I will install on my desktop first since I don't really use my laptop anymore

Tech Guru

Otherwise Im midi mapping that thing to ableton since I'm getting more familiar with that software

Tech Guru

Rukks, it's VERY LIKELY that there's a backup of your library, which has all your playlists.

Check in:
    $user_home/Documents/Native Instruments/ - that's on Mac, but the path on windows could probably be predicted - use the search function.

there, you will see one folder for each of the Traktor versions you've ever installed on the computer.

Under each version, there are the music library files, which hold the playlist definitions. The file is named "collection.nml". There is also a directory "Backup", which holds every previous state of your collection. New backups are automatically created every time you close Traktor - the old state goes into one of these files, the new and most recent state is the main collection.nml.

Do check those backups and you would probably find proper state of your library with all your playlists.

One more thought passes through my head - have you run the "import" action, as suggested by the application the first you've run the new version (should be 2.0.3). If not, your library and settings are simply not imported. Or if by any chance you have aborted the process, something was left incomplete. To repeat the autoimport, you just need to delete or rename the "Traktor 2.0.X" holding the library and the settings - when you do it, Traktor will import everything from the previous version.

Hey, don't give up !

Maybe a stupid question, but you did remember to turn on the S4, right? The power button is easily forgotten.

scamo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast