Super merge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super merge

Default Super merge

I really enjoy my daily dose of DJTT

I will always have a look through most of the forum threads & on the rear occasion put my 2 cents in.

The one thing i have noticed though is that (STATING THE OBVIOUS) are the amount of the same newbie questions. What gear to get, where to start etc.... etc..... this is often followed by a USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

although i am in favour of the search button. punching in one or a few key words will often resullt in no less than 10-20 odd pages of threads/posts with only a small percentage being relatively appropriate for the information required. And with the amount of OT threads and posts adding to the list this can be quite a daunting task :eek:

So i think the site could do with a SUPER MERGE. and/or alternativly a BIG THREAD OF RECOMMENDED.................(The likes of what Josh@firestorm has previously done)

what is everyones thoughts on the matter?
    Last edited by Zaniac; 07-19-2011 at 12:23 AM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

While I agree with the basis for your statement, there's something to be said for researching something that you're interested in and planning to spend money on. Unfortunately it seems that most people today want immediate answers to questions that, quite simply, could be answered by themselves with just a modicum of research. That being said, I think that peeps on this site are much more helpful than on other sites I frequent but I know I get pretty tired of seeing the same questions asked over and over.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    there's something to be said for researching something that you're interested in and planning to spend money on. .
    +1
    Unfortunately it seems that most people today want immediate answers to questions that, quite simply, could be answered by themselves with just a modicum of research..
    thats the nature of the beast that is society these days.
    I think that peeps on this site are much more helpful than on other sites I frequent
    this is the only site i frequent as i enjoy it and its characters that much.

but I know I get pretty tired of seeing the same questions asked over and over.
    hence the post. i can tell with a few of you that have been on site for a while that this is the case.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Again, while I like the sentiment from where your question/comment comes from, you're ultimately asking a "mod" to take the time to search and cull together like threads for people who are unwilling to do it themselves.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

^^^ true. and im not really asking for myself as i enjoy the whole journey of the search. so please mods dont take this to seriously. no offence intended. DJTT rocks, only downside is i spend most my time on the site and not actually practicing LOL. or doing any work, lucky the boss aint a forum member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    only downside is i spend most my time on the site and not actually practicing LOL.
    You don't know how many times I've been lying on the couch reading threads on this site and thinking to myself, "get off you a$$ and go mix some music". I definitely need to spend less time on the site and more time actually DJing.

kinda distracting innit
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    kinda distracting innit
    Not really.

Tech Mentor

how about a "quick/dumb questions and good answers thread" ? works pretty well on some other forums I use for all the small questions. if you look for something you can just look through that thread to see if it has been answered
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Not really.
    Yes it is...but then again, I'm easily distracted anywa....oh look, two squirrels *runs off*
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast