[Question] iTunes
    Tech Mentor

Default [Question] iTunes

Does the map iTunes/iTunes Media/Music contain copies of all of my songs in my itunes list?

I'm cleaning up my PC and i have alot of the music thats in my iTunes list in my "Music" folder too. Can i remove all of the music out of the music folder? I am afraid that if i do this, i make it unplayable in my iTunes list aswell.

Will I be able to sync in traktor then? For some reason i can't sync in my itunes list in traktor and i have to put my list into "my collection" and then sync it.

Hope someone can help me!

Gr.

Don't do it, just dont, I have so many problems with iTunes because I did that.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Traktor works best if you add music into the collection rather than playing straight out of iTunes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

make sure everything on your computer is in the itunes folder... then delete the files from elsewhere on your computer.

itunes creates copies of the tunes on each import -- and organizes em in the music folder.

make sure your set, then delete the old ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    itunes creates copies of the tunes on each import -- and organizes em in the music folder.

make sure your set, then delete the old ones.
    Just clarifying here. That's a setting in preferences that has to be checked when you import a song into iTunes for it to make a copy. So if you have it checked now and it has always been checked then you're good to go. If you turn it on now only the songs you add after will be duplicated.

I have traktor set to add all new music to my collection when I turn it on. You can also set specific folders for it to watch if you don't use iTunes. This way whenever I want to play a song I know it's already analyzed and mostly ready to go.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I have traktor set to add all new music to my collection when I turn it on. You can also set specific folders for it to watch if you don't use iTunes. This way whenever I want to play a song I know it's already analyzed and mostly ready to go.
    +1 to that, itunes integration with traktor has NEVER worked for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Ok,

Its a hell of a lot of work to "check" if every song is copied to my itunes library aswell...

Each time i download a song it will go automatically from my "downloads" into my iTunes and i'll have to press pause in iTunes or it will play the song too. In the iTunes Media folder there's a lot of maps containing music. This has always been like this.

Does this mean i have the "copy music" function on and all music in my library (which i kept very tidy) is in my iTunes media map too? Can i assume this? All music i use now was bought on this computer.

Grz

I think you're good, but you should still check in iTunes preferences that the copy preference is checked.
    Chris Jennings FHP

MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

basically if the red boxed option is and has always been ticked you should be good
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.