how do you ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you ...

Default how do you ...

how do you guys control your other two decks in traktor pro ???

I use a combination of the Deck C "Performance Mode" on the VCI-100SE for fades and effects, and use the "hold down" Deck C button for quick transport commands.

I think I'm going to start using another controller though, but haven't really began to think about which one. Otus RAW would be perfect if it were out.

Tech Guru

not to go off subject, but someone needs to build an adequate controller for traktor one of these days.

i'm talkin
    4 jog wheels and enough knobs,faders,buttons to control EVERYTHING.

Tech Mentor

I use a Trigger Finger for the most important functions on all four decks - Load/Loop/Play/Pause, as well as volume control for all 4 decks.

My VCI handles everything else for decks A/B, and if I switch MIDI pages, the controls for the VCI change to decks C/D.

EQ'ing is spread across both the VCI (Deck A/B) and Trigger Finger (Deck C/D).

EDIT: If I change the memory bank on the Trigger Finger, I can also jump between cue points on all four decks.

I use a four deck layout on my BCR.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I use my vci 100 + external mixer.
    I it is really complicated to control the 4 decks and mix internally with the vci, because of the lack of faders. So this way I just use the vci for deck control, looping and effects. The mapping I did basically duplicates the vci , one mapping control deck a-b press a button and have the same control for c-d.

Anyways I am curious if Traktor pro would work with 2 vcis. I am really tempted

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

An adequate 4 deck controller with jog wheels and all would be a beast to move around.

I am working on a four deck map using my Remote 25SL, MIDIFighter, and possibly my VCI-100, depending on how much shit I want to carry with me. Once soft-takeover gets fixed on T1.1 (praying!) then it will be a lot easier to use four decks on the VCI-100.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Once soft-takeover gets fixed on T1.1 (praying!) then it will be a lot easier to use four decks on the VCI-100.
    Yes it would make it easier. Having infinite type knobs for effects on the vci would be the perfect complement. But still far from my ideal controller....

hopefuly be able to run two vcis on the same traktor v soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

What's the problem now with two vcis? Doesn't traktor recognise them as two different in midi setup or what? Because vci has the support to use two vcis on same laptop since it can be booted in another channel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast