Opinions wanted about Vestax VCI 100 SE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Opinions wanted about Vestax VCI 100 SE

Hi guys,
    I'm looking to buy a controller, I have TSP2, an A4DJ and a pair of Numark Pro TT-2's. I had in mind using my TT's and timecodes with a VMS4 but I might leave that til a later date when the cash flow is a little more fluid (and possibly end up getting an S4 or the Denon DNMC6000!!!!!)
    Until that time I'd still like to use a decent controller, one that won't have a bunch of glitches, mapping problems, component problems (I've heard and read about a bunch of problems with the VMS4 and it's kinda put me off the idea!).
    Not too worried about controlling 4 decks just now so I'd like to know if the VCI 100 is a good choice? I may have an opportunity to get an DJTT SE version fairly cheap. Any suggestions?

Bless

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The 100 SE is a fantastic controller that's built like a tank.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I love my VCI-100SE, are you looking at the mk1 or mk2 model?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

The one I've seen is the MK1. I saw on here that they'll be do a mapping for TP2 and a new overlay for the VCI 100, sounds good.

Bear in mind that unless you buy a VCI that's already had its firmware upgraded, you'll need a DJTT upgrade chip to fully utilise the VCI's potential.

To be quite honest, and I know this has been my answer to a lot of questions recently, I'd seriously consider the Novation Twitch. It's the first thing that's tempted me away from my VCI and it's a whole lot less effort to get that than to go hunting around for a firmware chip and buying an overlay.

It's a 2 channel, high quality controller of comparible size, all it's missing is jogwheels (and a DJTT mapping, but that may be available in the future if enough of us ask for it). Also you get ITCH free which is a very good deal.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    To be quite honest, and I know this has been my answer to a lot of questions recently, I'd seriously consider the Novation Twitch. It's the first thing that's tempted me away from my VCI and it's a whole lot less effort to get that than to go hunting around for a firmware chip and buying an overlay.

It's a 2 channel, high quality controller of comparible size, all it's missing is jogwheels (and a DJTT mapping, but that may be available in the future if enough of us ask for it). Also you get ITCH free which is a very good deal.
    Pusher!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

The unit I'm looking at has got the 1.4 firmware installed already.

It's a very good controller. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you do get it!

Tech Convert

Thanks Fullenglishpint, much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast