Traktor and ideal screen size - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have the 15" new 2011 standard MBP.

For me the screen size is just perfect for me. I tried running Traktor on my gf's 13" but found myself staring at the screen longer to see whats going on. It looks ok on the 13" but IMO the 15" is just the right size. I'm very happy with it.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Wizard

That 15" with the upgraded screen looks perfect! I think I am pretty much sold on one of them.

Tech Guru

I have a friend who brings his 21.5" iMac with him to every gig. He got a Pelican case that fits the iMac and he rigged his S4 flight case onto it and wheels it around everywhere. Not my idea of portability but he says he needs the large screen size. It is nice to have that much power in your machine but my 13" MBP is plenty for me!

Tech Guru

I use a 10 inch screen with no problem, just 2 decks but with advanced mode, 4 decks is possible but dont need them and wouldnt use them, i have a big toggle knob for deck browser which works for me. Thinking of getting a 15 inch sony vaio soon though as ive seen a lovely one with hd screen, illuminous orange or green shell, backlit keyboard and i5 processor, think it might work a bit better then my intel atom processor
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    I have a friend who brings his 21.5" iMac with him to every gig. He got a Pelican case that fits the iMac and he rigged his S4 flight case onto it and wheels it around everywhere. Not my idea of portability but he says he needs the large screen size. It is nice to have that much power in your machine but my 13" MBP is plenty for me!
    Hahaha wow! I'm not dissing that, it's fucking hardcore. I wouldn't do it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I wanna buy a 10 inch netbook and dj off that :P
    Honestly, if your using 2 decks, its not that horrible

P.s. stiffy, i'd rather get a mac than a sony, and i'm a pc guy.

amidoinitrite

I've been wondering this recently:
    Is it possible to show decks C & D with everything?
    I would rather have the close up waveform than the full waveform.

It would also be nice to have an option to completely get rid of the tracklist/browser
    why would I need to look at the tracks/playlists in the middle of a mix?

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    My software would handle 3 decks on that screen pretty easily I think. Still I don't have a soundcard which could do it
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post

P.s. stiffy, i'd rather get a mac than a sony, and i'm a pc guy.
    Cant justify the price for something with shitter specs, ill be getting an 8gb model, i7 after finding out they do them, the build is big chunky plastic thats durable, plus i cant see myself ever changin operating system. Ive heard good things about these and they look a lot nicer then the typical light up apple version which costs like a grand extra here in Ireland.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Convert

Thanks for a ll the replies. It's sad that NI doesn't allow us to fully hide the tracklist. With 2 decks it's not bad, and also with 3 decks and a sample decks is fine. But 4 decks in advanced mode makes it it for a lot of standard screensizes impossible to show the effects. So effects toggle on/off as you expand/collapse the advanced functioanlity of decks 3/4. This sucks and I hope NI fixes it. We don't need to view a couple of tracks while in the mix. I'd rather view all tracks or none.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast