Traktor and ideal screen size
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor and ideal screen size

I use a Xone4D setup, now just the mixer but I'm looking to buy a pair of Technics decks as well to mix hybrid / timecode.

I run a 4 deck layout and I use lots of functionality; loops, fx, etc.

With this setup I have a major issue: I can't run the effects plus all decks in full mode on the screen I have.

I use a 13" inch Macbook Pro which I'm replacing soon.

The screensizes of current Macbook Pro's are as follows:
    11": 1366 x 768 (Air)
    13": 1280 x 800
    13": 1440 x 900 (Air)
    15": 1440 x 900

What I'd love to buy is the (soon to be released) Macbook Air 11". But while it has a higher resolution horizontally, vertically I lose 32 pixels.
    This would not be a problem if I could hide the track explorer completly. Is this possible? Or are there other options to optimize screen use?

Track Explorer?

You mean the list?

Yes, you can show all you need to and have the list hidden. Then have a button on toggle that hides and unhides it.

Thats how I have it. I have the 13" MB ...so my resolution is even worse.
    I can show 4 decks (2 track decks and Timecode and sample deck). The 2nd set of decks are mini....due to the sample deck.

I hide the Xfader and am able to see my FX Bank on top...and then the list is only showing 2 or 3 rows. Thats the best I can get it.

Then use the show list feature.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

Yeah I meant the List ;-) I do have a button on the mixer assigned to hiding everything else, this makes the list full height.
    Then when I load a track, the screen switches back to full 4 deck mode.

However, when I try to show the 4 decks with the move/cue/grid options shown, Traktor automatically hides the effects while I would like it to hide the list!

Any idea on where in the settings I can change this? I had a look but there doesn't seem to be a setting "hide track list".

I'm on Traktor Pro 2.

yeah...it does not hide it completely.

I wish we had more control over that.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Me to.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

The 32 pixels you'd lose is about a quarter inch. Just saying.

Two things you can do: pay up for a bigger display if you are a 4-decks with effects high-functionality user. It's so very, very worth it. The other option is to not look at the screen as much, which isn't really an option for you.

I bought my DJing laptop with screen size near the top of the priorities and ended up with a 16.4'' monster... not sure if I'll go any smaller on my next laptop. The waveforms are long and it's pretty awesome.

Tech Mentor

I own the 15" MBP, and my roommate owns the 13". While I enjoy the larger screen size, the 13 is built like a tank compared to mine.

I an for sure downsizing when I get my next laptop. I'll probably just add an extra monitor for at home use, and suck it up when playing out haha.

I am truly amazed at how much better his has held up after 2+years when we both bought them at the same time and mine feels like it's falling apart.

just realized this didnt really have to do with your post, but there's my .02

This is what mine looks like on a 15" screen... I think it all depends on your layout really.

Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    This is what mine looks like on a 15" screen... I think it all depends on your layout really.

Show us with everything showing.....the drop down advanced Grid and Cue section etc.

As you wish..!

Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast