Using CDJs with Timecodes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Using CDJs with Timecodes

What it the point of using CDJs with timecodes when using Traktor or Serato? I know not all of them have midi capabilities, but then not all of the features can be used through timecode signal, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    What it the point of using CDJs with timecodes when using Traktor or Serato? I know not all of them have midi capabilities, but then not all of the features can be used through timecode signal, correct?
    To my knowledge the timecode is the timecode, whether played via turnbtable or CDJ ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

not all of the features can be used through timecode signal, correct?
    Yeah, to the extent that you may as well use controllers. Or audio CDs.

The point of it is, Being able to take 20,000 songs out to a club with you, without carrying a mass amount of cd's.

Also alot of people prefer to use cdj's instead of controllers. Just a different feel.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Rkid_Dan View Post
    The point of it is, Being able to take 20,000 songs out to a club with you, without carrying a mass amount of cd's.

Also alot of people prefer to use cdj's instead of controllers. Just a different feel.
    Exactly. I use mk2800's with timecode. CDj's give you a traditional feel which I like. Besides there is only 1 feature on the CDj's I used and that was the loops. Traktor does them 10x better now anyway so BOTHERED!
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Aerosol View Post
    CDj's give you a traditional feel which I like.
    HOw odd to describe CDJs as 'traditional'

Not disagreeing per se, it just struck me as an odd phrase ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Because using the CDJs makes you a real DJ.

It doesn't matter that doing that turns your expensive CDJs into a pitch fader and a play button (that has a bit of latency added in), because it makes you real. And it makes your c*** bigger.

Sorry if I've offended anyone…I like CDJs…I really do. But using them like that seems effing pointless…especially since the whole "more music" thing is bunk now that CDJs can read huge hard drives.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Because using the CDJs makes you a real DJ.

It doesn't matter that doing that turns your expensive CDJs into a pitch fader and a play button (that has a bit of latency added in), because it makes you real. And it makes your c*** bigger.

Sorry if I've offended anyone…I like CDJs…I really do. But using them like that seems effing pointless…especially since the whole "more music" thing is bunk now that CDJs can read huge hard drives.
    Hmmm

Have you thought that people might use them because there is a lack of similar alternatives..
    Maybe the Denon SC2000 and the reloop thingy, but thats it.
    SC | MC

I'd much rather two cdj 800/1000's and a proper mixer with TSP over an S4 or a VCi. I just cnt afford it at the moment. I think that's why most people get controllers, it's all about the Ł.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Your all missing the inherent point of using CDJ timecode.
    Its the same as using vinyl timecode.

Tactile Control.

Simple. No hard concept to grasp. No-ones being this or that or has have more or less tunes or anything other than putting your hand on the platter and controlling the song.

It can be done on a midi controller but it is not the same, just like using CDJs is not the same as using vinyl.

Its just one method of manually manipulating the music and some people like it.

I find them pretty soul-less but they can be fun every now and again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast