Better Pots for a VCI? Where to order.
    Tech Guru

Default Better Pots for a VCI? Where to order.

I have a VCI-300 and the pots on the EQ's don't really grab/bite when hitting the middle. On my old VCI-100 the pots were MUCH better. Seemed like it laned in the middle with ease.

Any know some good pots that I can order to replace the ones on the VCI-300? I'm assuming they are the same as the 100. Also what does it entaile to replace these? Can it be done by just replacing the hardware (metal knob portion) without have to rewire.

Thanks
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

To tell ya the truth, yer going to have to rewire it so it takes the place of the pots yer replacing. Personally, I don't even know the ohms on those (VCi-100). That may not take too much time if you know your way around soldering.

For replacements, Easily check mouser.com, but yer going to need to know the specs for the knobs on the VCI to know for sure. (Sorry for not knowing too much bout this )
    It is an unknown fact that Mr. T is the original Black Power Ranger.

Tech Guru

Cool man. Thanks for the reply.

I wish these felt like the ones on the VCI-100
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Get a multi meter an check the the Resistance range of the pots. Now you know what pots to buy.
    The pots will probably be attached to the bored and so you will have to run three wires from the board to the pot, this might also present a space issue so make sure you have space before you buy everything.