computer speakers that can host parties - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kiino View Post
    but seriously look at the specs. pretty good me thinks.
    I've blown an old version of those speakers at a house party.

Also…marketing copy like "specs" on consumer-grade speakers are all lies.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    IF i walked into a party and saw you using them id laugh my way out the door. I have a klipsch ipod dock and sure its loud but it aint no party rocker.
    300 watts is pretty good I think to host a house party. I agree anything bigger than that, these speakers won't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I've blown an old version of those speakers at a house party.

Also…marketing copy like "specs" on consumer-grade speakers are all lies.
    I doubt a company like Klipsch will lie in their technical stats especially since that's what their known for.

Progressive Dutch House
    Tumblr Music Blog
    SoundCloud

gonna use these bad boys to do work

http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-2-1-computer-speakers

theyre beast. each satellite has a wider frequency response than KRK monitors and the subwoofer could literally shake the house. It has its own built in amp at peak 200 watts so I only set these babies volume control at only 25%-50% or else i'll get evicted. Klipsch is a well respected brand according to many audiophiles and theyre forums I visited to look into these.

all for only 200$. check it
    I have used these speakers for years and can personally vouch for their awesome sound and volume.

Edit: But I wouldn't use them for a party.

There is something different between a set of computer speakers, monitors, and PA Speakers.

That being said, I'm rocking an 8 year old Logitech 5.1 system at home at the moment, and yeah, I can't turn it past 50% either (and even that is damned loud).

The thing is, with higher grade audio equipment, it really does sound PROFOUNDLY better. The highs are crisper, the lows hit harder... it's night and day comparing side by side.

But for most use? I've gotten more than my $300 worth out of my sound system. My next upgrade is probably some monitors for production and mixdowns, and then eventually to a small PA for parties. But that being said, for most home use you don't really need crazy speakers realistically. A lot of the better computer speaker setups are just chipper.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

gonna use these bad boys to do work

http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-2-1-computer-speakers

theyre beast. each satellite has a wider frequency response than KRK monitors and the subwoofer could literally shake the house. It has its own built in amp at peak 200 watts so I only set these babies volume control at only 25%-50% or else i'll get evicted. Klipsch is a well respected brand according to many audiophiles and theyre forums I visited to look into these.

Eh... that aint gonna work to host house parties amigo. Shit might sound good when you're the only one in the room... but add talking, laughing, peeps that also absorb copious amounts of sound and you won't even hear those little computer speakers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont! View Post
    I have used these speakers for years and can personally vouch for their awesome sound and volume.

Edit: But I wouldn't use them for a party.
    thanks. and why not ??

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    There is something different between a set of computer speakers, monitors, and PA Speakers.

But for most use? I've gotten more than my $300 worth out of my sound system. My next upgrade is probably some monitors for production and mixdowns, and then eventually to a small PA for parties. But that being said, for most home use you don't really need crazy speakers realistically. A lot of the better computer speaker setups are just chipper.
    I agree. For now I'm going to use these for a while maybe host small time sesh's or kickbacks with these, nothing big. But I know these could rock a house party considering 200 watts.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Mylestec View Post
    Eh... that aint gonna work to host house parties amigo. Shit might sound good when you're the only one in the room... but add talking, laughing, peeps that also absorb copious amounts of sound and you won't even hear those little computer speakers!!
    hmmmmm.

Progressive Dutch House
    Tumblr Music Blog
    SoundCloud

I doubt a company like Klipsch will lie in their technical stats especially since that's what their known for.
    I use the word "lie" a little more generally than you appear to. They measure them under absolutely optimal conditions with a bit of error in the measurement…get a value they're happy with…and then round the way that makes the more impressive.

I've never seen consumer level speakers that can get close to their printed specs when measured correctly.

And it's not just them. Marketing copy like "specs" is almost always lies from anyone…in any industry…it's kind of like how 3.2 L engines are actually 3150ml displacement except that even fewer people understand the numbers that tell good speakers from bad ones.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I rocked out a house party on one of these many moons ago ... was really REALLY surprised it managed to survive .. let alone keep everyone happy ! .. mind you it was only 20 peeps in the room

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Wave-Radio-Platinum-White/dp/B003ACKERO/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1311196728&sr =1-8"]Amazon.com: Bose Wave Radio/CD Platinum White: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ZlzcgBCGL.@@AMEPARAM@@31ZlzcgBCGL[/ame]

Reckon you'd be better off with some cheapy 10' or 12' powered PA speakers for house parties rather than blow up a perfectly good set of computer or hi-fi speakers - things do get out of hand :P

If you want something multifunctional .. you could look at Bose 201 series they go for pretty decent money these days S/H ($100 or less) and are decent sounding & loud but you'll need an amp or reciever (second hand about $30).

I really hope this is a troll, but in case it's not (and for anyone who's taking it seriously):

No offense, but you may want to read a bit more closely: They're 200 watts TOTAL for the system. That's 35 watts per satellite, and 135 watts for the sub... and that's peak. You'd have to be throwing a party in a pretty small room for that to be sufficient. Nevermind the fact that the crossover in the sub is set at 5kHz, which means you're going to have some seriously muddy bass and even some of your mids are going to play out the sub... don't want that.

Also, it only has a single 3.5mm mini plug, so you're not talking high quality connections here (most DJ soundcards that means you're running an RCA Y-cable in reverse to get sound to these which generally sounds pretty bad and limits your volume... and is not intended to be used in this way since Y-Cables are designed to split, not combine). Also, having researched these for computer speakers before myself, I came to the conclusion that they're okay, but not anything I'd want to spend $100 on, nevermind $150. I would use these for a desktop for maybe casual music listening, or as speakers for a TV in a guest room... if you can hook up the mini plug.

Also, for the future: Speaker specs are kind of a joke, especially as far as frequency response goes. Wattage is the only spec that tells you much of anything, and even a 1000 watt speaker can sound weak if it's in a terrible enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast