Traktor Pro on two screens?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro on two screens?

Hi all,
    Very new to this forum, but have been following the site for a while......
    I want to ask if anyone knows a utility that you can run alongside Traktor that will allow you to run it on two screens.....?
    In my view, if you really want to get the best out of Traktor using 4 decks etc... it would be more practical for DJ's to split the decks over two screens, or at least have the option to have the playlist at the bottom of the screen, on a seperate screen...so allowing you to see all four decks in full.
    Surprised this hasn't already been requested of NI.
    Any ideas?

Tech Guru

im not surprised it hasnt... i know i wouldnt want to carry an external monitor to gigs with me
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

It is a very good idea, but Chris has a point. No one wants to drag an extra monitor around with them, but for studio mixes it would be a great idea. Because in my bedroom doing mixes, i will often have all 4 decks on, but at a gig i would only have 2. So i guess there are circumstances when it could be very helpful
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    im not surprised it hasnt... i know i wouldnt want to carry an external monitor to gigs with me
    This. It would be a cool feature to have for home use (and let's face it, a large proportion of Traktor users will never use it anywhere else), but in a real world gig you're never going to be using 2 screens.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Default Macbook + ipad as dual monitor

Turns out, this dual monitor thing is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. While no one wants to lug an external monitor, a mac book air + ipad comes in at a whopping 5 lbs total. Air screen for Traktor. iPad screen for browsing tracks. Air Display in the iPad store turns the ipad into a second monitor. Frickin' awesome. I use it all the time. And yes, with 4 decks, cue points, and vinyl control, I'd really like a little more screen real estate... :-)

Tech Guru

I think it would be a nice feature but again it's way low on priority if their even thinking about it. I know a lot of clubs have custom monitors placed inside their booths. If I ever get enough money together to open one I know that I'm going to have at least two monitors in the booth just so me and other DJs can link up to a nice big screen rather than squint at a itty bitty 13"-17" monitor. Again it would be nice, hopefully if this new "One" software is any good it seems like it would be more inclined to do something like that with it's modulability.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

I'm not sure I'd want to use AirPlay or any kind of wifi based connection for my main display... reliability and visual latency might be an issue. Probably be better if the iPad was connected via USB cable (but even USB monitors have around 20-30ms latency, as I've found out for myself).

What would be better is if there was an iPad Traktor mini-app that could receive data from Traktor running on a laptop. Instead of sending a clone of the pc/mac display, it sends purely enough data in order for the Traktor mini-app to create a basic Traktor GUI (display the waveform, effects parameters, etc). This can already be kind of done with that OSC app, except for the waveform part. The benefit of doing it this way is that the data bandwidth required would be much lower and thus near-instant latency could be achieved. It would also mean that DJ's could put their laptop inside their DJ bag (with the lid closed) and 'beam' the Traktor GUI to a permanently installed iPad (which would be much easier to mount somewhere discretely in the dj booth). This way every DJ can share the same iPad which would reduce setup times when the previous DJ finishes their set.

I hope NI is at least considering something like this - it sounds like quite a trivial thing to implement, from a programming point of view...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If they would just make the browser available on the iPad that would be great for me. Even better if I could use it over USB and not wifi.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypott View Post
    Surprised this hasn't already been requested of NI.
    :
    Dude your "surprise" is actually unfounded.

This feature has been requested for as long as i have been using/involved with Native Instruments (8 years) and I dont think that has been once looked at in a serious way .

There are way more bigger priorities for NI with Traktor development.

But hey, dont shoot the messenger.

As for the browser on another screen..? The first step would be to get the browser working better and much more usable before it can be separated.

I dont see this happening in the lifetime of the current version of Traktor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast