Traktor Pro on two screens? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I think 2 screens would be a great feature, just having the 'option' would be great. At home I probably would use it, in a club perhaps not, a house gig probably. All in all can just use one screen but the option to use 2 would be nice, just in case the opportunity arose

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    But hey, dont shoot the messenger.
    Someone get me a gun, and Karlos, take me to your leader!

Tech Mentor

I use a second (19") montior at home and it was a revelation for someone who had never seen it larger than the 15" MBP display. This having been said, I can't imagine needing anymore screen real estate than that. I used to think I "needed" a 27" display, but I think it would actually be overwhelming at the viewing distance I'm working with. I have all 4 decks in advanced mode, no mixer controls and it's quite huge. MASCHINE on the lappy screen, TSP on the ext monitor and all is right in my world.

It's true, though. NI really don't give a damn about what you think. They are following their master plan and have no time for asinine suggestions nor criticism from the customers.

[In the idiom of NI tech support... or Colonel Klink] "If you vant it larger, you must purchase a larger display and also you must STFU."

Tech Guru

why not just share the same view on both screens and one person look at C/D and the other person look at A/B? Or am I missing the point...seems like many simple work arounds for this problem

To answer the OP's original question, you can extend a screen using windows

right click on the desktop screen, go to screen resolution and you should see all the necessary options

You need to have another monitor plugged in to get the options
    Last edited by Rukks; 01-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.

@Rukks, we have tried this over the years, but for some reason the traktor coding really doesn't like it. The processor load jumps massively. I think somewhere they even say not to do it for this very reason.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

On one not, I found a workaround for this. I turned my screen resolution down on both screens. I then opened up global view and the crossfader view with deck flavor at the max to display everything. THis took up the entire primary monitor.
    Then I resized the window to display the browser on the monitor below (set monitor position in display preferences). Boom, dual monitor with Traktor.

Why hasn't NI made this a feature yet.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

HDMI cable into giant television. Use Extended or Clone display, works well.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

mnos df. IM playing with the settings to try to get it to work on my cell phone.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

you just need a 21" screen ( the same place like a turntable ..) my hold setup ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dj wo k; 11-22-2015 at 03:40 AM.
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj wo k View Post
    you just need a 21" screen ( the same place like a turntable ..) my hold setup ..
    I will never understand why people want to stare at computer screens while DJing.

It activates completely different parts of your brain than actively listening does, and you cant do both properly at once.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast