What replaces the Technic 1200s? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

There is something to be said for a device that's basically been working since the 70's and still going strong. In an industry of ever developing technology, having something that hasn't changed for so long is something of a diamond in the rough.

I went with a dirt cheap pair of Technics MK2's that needed some repairs. Still ended up costing less together (with repairs) for what ONE turntable goes for new, even the TTX, PDX2000, PDX3000, STR-150's.

You just need to figure out if you want/need any of the bells and whistles, and then how much you are willing to spend. I have a friend who swears by his Numarks, but having used Technics, I don't personally enjoy them.

If you go with any of the "top tier" tables, you pretty much won't be disappointed. Some people swear by brands, I'll admit I am swayed by this argument myself.

But all in all, it's what you PLAY that matters, and not the gear you use.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Str8-150's, Numark TTX's, Vestax PDX's (which there was a set on here for sale a couple of days ago) The X1 is an excellent back up and there's already four deck mappings out there.
    Pdx 2000s still for sale, I'm big on techs but compared to stanton or numark I like the pdx the best... techs are like hondas...they can be abused and still work or can easily be repaired back to working condition
    Last edited by DjLiquitATL; 07-21-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    Like they dont have their flaws

Seen pioneers stop working for no reason before and Macs can get viruses and other shit.

anything electronic has the potential to fail period.
    mtbf.

And no, I'm not telling you the man the anything. Mean Time Between Failures. Having seen a pioneer "stop working for no reason" (which can't be true, by the way. There's always a reason) doesn't actually mean anything to this discussion.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Quote Originally Posted by ellgieff View Post
    mtbf.

And no, I'm not telling you the man the anything. Mean Time Between Failures. Having seen a pioneer "stop working for no reason" (which can't be true, by the way. There's always a reason) doesn't actually mean anything to this discussion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zx0YYRb5VI
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    STUFF
    Can't see youtube at work. I bet it's hilarious, though.

*edit*

Oh, it's that one. I've seen it. Pretty sure it's not the CDJ at fault in that instance - and even if it was, there's a _reason_ the CDJ failed.

*shrugs*
    Last edited by ellgieff; 07-22-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

why has every conversation or question turned into a pissing contest?

i know better than you! waaaaaaaaah
    no you don't! waaaaaaaaaah
    yes i do! waaaaaaaaah
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    i know better than you! waaaaaaaaah
    no you don't! waaaaaaaaaah
    yes i do! waaaaaaaaah
    Wobble-wobble-shake it-shake it

Tech Mentor

The real question is what replaces DJs?!? :eek::eek::eek: (ibtl)
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Why do you need to replace 1200s?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Guru

Laptops will replace djs eventually, maybe like 5000 quid for a one of purchase and then no fees after that, you can select what kinda genre you want, and itll mix everything perfectly
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast