Future Jungle - "Country Shit"

Arrow Future Jungle - "Country Shit"

Future Jungle

The term "Future Jungle" a phrase used to describe a style of music that has infact been around for over 20 years. Not so much a revival but rather a resurgence of 140-150 bpm amen breaks and influences from Oldskool Jungle / Rave Music.
    This style of music has been labeled many things such as Hardcore Breaks, Jungle Breaks, 140 Jungle, Breakstep, Rave Breaks, Jungle Tekno and even Dubstep.

As we near the 20th anniversary of Breakbeat Hardcore/Rave and within the constant musical 20-25 year retro cycle, "Future Jungle" could very well catch on as a way to re-invent, explore and bring back the original jungle breakbeat sound. With top DnB and Dubstep producers such as Skream, Sub Focus and DJ Fresh launching the trend out to a larger audience with big hits such as "Last Jungle", the response has been a mix of excitement and ridicule. It always seems that no fan of the underground likes seeing their music exposed and sold to any relatively mainstream industry. However, everything came from something that was originally "underground" and I believe this "future jungle" movement is a great reminder as to where jungle and now drum and bass evolved from. Taking that amazing sound we used to love as kids and making more of it with better sounding technology is, in my opinion, an amazing thing.

source

my first try at it... I kinda like the genre

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by EYENSEE View Post
    Future Jungle
    So, here's my feedback. Let me start by saying that I actually brocked out a bit to your track, so I'm not trying to be a hater with my below comments. When people post to a production forum I figure they are looking for honest and direct feedback, here goes.

a) the vocals seem like you used the entire acapella almost unmodified. this results in it sounding more like a "blend" than a "remix" because the vocals are often not "in the pocket". In particular the first and last verses, the first verse is ahead of the beat and the last verse is behind. The choruses are in the pocket and sound great.

b) speaking of the choruses, the background music usually doesn't change when the vocal goes into the chorus/hook. this makes it hard to tell when the chorus actually is and makes the track sound even more like a blend instead of a remix.

c) because the background music texture doesn't change that much in general over 4 minutes (all instruments seem to be playing all the time) you miss the dynamics of the builds, breaks and break edits that oldschool jungle was most famous for.

d) because every instrument is playing at all times and you haven't squashed the vocals or heavily eq banded the drums, the overall impression can be that of a wall of indistinct sound.

In summary, I feel like the current state of this remix is good but with some editing (mostly *removing* and *adjusting*, not *adding*) it could be great.

!!! AWESOMER !!!
    PS - all lighter crew, all whistle crew... bloooow!!!!

Big fan of the Nu Jungle or whatever you want to call it. Good effort on your track dude. Does sound a bit messy though. Great feedback from Awsomer.

Bit of a shameless plug but I've got a bit of this style at the end of my new mix in my sig.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

thanks!