latest version of itunes causing problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default latest version of itunes causing problems

hi.

I'm just leaving work at my day job, & will check in again when I get home, to see if anybody can help me.

I've installed iTunes 10 on my Macbook Pro, but Traktor Pro2 still appears to be showing iTunes playlists from a couple of weeks ago, when I was running iTunes 9.

Has anybody had any similar problems? ....i'm playing out tonight, & all my music's managed in iTunes!!
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Hmmm, maybe consolidate library in iTunes then refresh iTunes in traktor? Make sure that Traktor's iTunes library link is the correct one as well.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've been using 10 since it came out and am in fact on 10.3 now with no problems.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Likewise. I'm on 10.4 and everything works fine.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

All good here as well, but iTunes certainly seems to gearing itself to Mac peripherals (iPad, iPhone etc.) and iStore 'cloud'. The updates all seem to be for those services, so how necessary are they for PC users?
    356 reasons why

Tech Wizard

iTunes 1.5 beta 4. You guys are so last month.

On the serious side, even this beta runs smoothly.

OP, you using any external HD etc?

Much info as you can pls
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Hi.

Sorry for the delay in following this up, but it's been a fairly hectic weekend!

So to re-cap, on friday afternoon, I noticed that my iTunes playlists in Traktor were out of sync with the actual playlists in iTunes.

I presumed it was an iTunes thing, but this turned out not to be the case.

I don't know the exact reason, but it's got something to do with having an SSD & a normal drive in my MacBook pro, & moving my home drive off the SSD (boot drive) to the normal drive.

I got through friday night using my back-up old MacBook (Core Duo, 2Gb), which seemed to work ok with my Kontrol S4 (only 2 decks enabled, & I didn't bother using much in the way of fx). Then spent the whole of saturday, re-installing my MacBook Pro, keeping my home drive on the SSD, but just putting my music on the 2nd drive.

I know several people have recommended moving the Home drive like this (....& I did it properly using the advanced options in the accounts tab of system pref's), but i've now gone back to keeping it on my SSD.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Strange. My home drive is over on my secondary HDD and I've had no problems.

I had the opposite issue where when itunes updated itself, my library was in tatters and i didnt find out till gig time, luckily i'm organised with my files and folders so i was able to do drag and drop all night, no need for the search function.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast