(more clear text now) Need Some Advices Digital Djing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default (more clear text now) Need Some Advices Digital Djing

Hello everybody i made this new thread to express myself better, it's a little hard to me express myself in english, the other thread becomes very confused, but now i think the text is more clear

I decided professionalize myself has a dj

I mix very well my old school disco/funk and modern underground house/disco to, with the Pioneer CDJ 100S and a basic 2 channel mixer what i had, i never had experience with vinyl DJing or digital (this equipament and import vinyls are very expansive in Brazil, because the taxes of our very corrupt goverment and i not a rich guy, this country is made only for rich people unfortunately)

i learning yet about digital djing, that things about beatgrid and software things, but i can tell you, i know it the most important is the music, for me, innovative, creative and real music with soul and art, music is what i most love in my life, sience my childhood i interested about good music, creative music, and thrust me, I have a fantastic collection of songs that I search for a loooong time, it always was my hobby, i love vanguard elecronic and non eletronic music to, old and new stuff ! especially Soul/Funk/Disco/House,

You certainly know its a high number of djs who not know nothing about history of the music he plays, dont respect, don't give a **** for this ! IS CLEARLY NOT MY CASE !

So tha't the thing, now mix just 2 tracks with 2cdjs and in one 2 channel cheap mixer is to little for me, i wanna do something more creative with my mix, so i choose digital djing, the best option to do that ! i experienced with demo traktor mix with 4 decks, doing crazy loops, and stuff like that, sounds really wonderfull, AND NOW I FINALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY GOOD EQUIPAMENT, but searching about softwares and controllers i find myself in a DILEMA ! and will really help some opnions of experienced Djs

Alternative 1. Traktor Pro 2

Use the setup 2 Kontrol X1 and external mixer, that scheme work perfectly to mix modern electronic musics with auto sync, and spend more time doing more creative mixes with 3 or 4 decks, doing crazy loops and stuff like that

BUT

I would love to mix my collection of old stuff (Soul/RareGrooves/Funk/Disco/) recorded with live instrument in a special sets about this, and (the most interesting i think) mix that grooves with the modern musics of that styles ! but there's a problem, is impossible beatgrid the fully track because the tempo variation, so are the solution, make the loops i want mix and beatgrid then, but traktor just can read one bpm per song, so in one of these loops i will had to adjust the pitch manually (note the bpm of the loop will help), but sounds me horrible do that pitch adjustment on mouse all the time, and sounds me more horrible buy the S4 just for use the pitch control, and i want the sound passing into a analog mixer for more quality of sound, sounds terrible buy the S4 just for use this pitch control and just for plug then in a external mixer.

****** Please correct something that is wrong in my analysis ********

Alternative 2. Serato Itch 2.0

I read something materials about this software, it seems Itch can do warp markers, elastic beatgrid, so i can do the beatgrid of the two loops i want to mix with this warp marks, and mix the both loops with auto sync, without do the pitch adjustment, or even i can do beatgrid the fully tracks of this oldschool stuff with tempo variation, and i will can make loops in all parts of the track, to mix any part of then with other musics (but i know if i do that, there is a price to pay, i will loose a part of the swing of these grooves recorded by live disco bands with variations in tempo)

I was seeing better Serato Itch, and the software's layout is really ugly, really scares me, looks like a amateur thing, why they layout is to horrible ? but checkin better i realized, they are a lot of very good professional djs using this software, but mostly are turntablist djs, seems like this software is primarily designed for that.

Another thing, here is no chance to use Serato Itch 2.0 with the scheme like traktor, with midi controllers for the 4 decks and a external mixer ? the only way for i do that is with Numark NS6 or XoneDx ?

****** Please correct something that is wrong in my analysis ********

THAT'S IT FOLKS, I APPRECIATE SO MUCH YOUR ATENTION, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY AND THANKFUL, IF YOU CAN SHARES YOUR EXPERIENCES IN THIS SUBJECTED, TO HELP ME CLARIFY SOME THINGS TO DO THE BEST CHOICE ON THIS STEP I WANT TO DO ! AND SORRY AGAIN ABOUT THE GRAMATICAL ERRORS, BUT I THINK IS MORE CLEARLY NOW RIGHT ? IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT FOR ME, IM DOING THE BEST WHAT I CAN TO EXPRESS ME IN ENGLISH, IN BRAZIL DONT EXISTE GOOD FORUMS ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC, I HOPE I CAN COUNT WITH YOUR HELP !

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUTCH ! RESPECT FOR ALL FROM BRAZIL !

facepalm.jpg.

Please don't double post, it's untidy.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Somewhere i've got alot of respect for you trying so hard.

All i can say is i love traktor, i know some people that use the external mixer + 2 X1's setup and it works like a charm, that would be my pick.

Grtz

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post
    Somewhere i've got alot of respect for you trying so hard.

All i can say is i love traktor, i know some people that use the external mixer + 2 X1's setup and it works like a charm, that would be my pick.

Grtz
    Thanks a lot man for awnser me, irritates me some people jokin me about my difficult in express me in english, i think this people had some personal frustration, some complex of superiority, they forget the humility, most people like that in internet world are worms in real life.

So...

Because my difficult to express me in english i do that long text trying to be more clearly as possible, because the other trhead becomes very confused and messy..

So man even to mix the old school tracks with tempo variations ? that people you tell me who mix with 2 Kontrol X1, they are a nice job ?

Sorry I came across as harsh, it's not the quality of your english but rather the quantity which is prohibitive.

Traktor is massively customizable when it comes to midi controllers, and yes I suppose if you have the skills then you could use X1s to mix whatever you like. ITCH does have more flexible beatgrids, and is very good software, but for now, you can't add ANYTHING over and above your ITCH controller.

Older tracks without electronically syncopated beats are always harder to mix, no matter what you use.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Sorry I came across as harsh, it's not the quality of your english but rather the quantity which is prohibitive.

Traktor is massively customizable when it comes to midi controllers, and yes I suppose if you have the skills then you could use X1s to mix whatever you like. ITCH does have more flexible beatgrids, and is very good software, but for now, you can't add ANYTHING over and above your ITCH controller.

Older tracks without electronically syncopated beats are always harder to mix, no matter what you use.
    Thansk a lot ! i wait hear a lot of advices as yours and oposite opinions to, its will be very good to clarify the things for me, it was very heard for me kept the money to buy this equipaments, so i dont wanna do a bad choice ! thanks a lot, sorry about something, im just created a new thrend because the other became very confused !

if you are interested in only dropping loops perhaps you should do just that. Dont' record the whole track but just the parts you want which will make gridding in Traktor much easier. (depending how long your loops are)

Tech Guru

It's not your English. There are plenty of people on these forums who speak English as a second language.

Depending on your budget, I would consider getting a MIDI-capable mixer that will allow you to keep using your CDJs too. The reason is that CDJs will give you a lot more control over the tempo of songs without having to rely on beatgrids and sync than you will get from most MIDI controllers. X1s are great, but adjusting tempo using buttons just doesn't compare to a nice long pitch fader. That said, many people have mastered the art of doing it just with buttons, so if you're comfortable doing that go for it. A good MIDI capable mixer will allow you to mix externally using either Traktor Scratch or Serato (SSL rather than Itch) using timecode CDs, so you have the flexibility of these solutions without losing touch with your basic skillset.

If you're going whole hog with the midi controller route, Traktor offers way more flexibility than itch because you can use multiple controllers and the mapping possibilities, while very difficult to learn and use effectively, are extremely powerful compared to Serato. But if you do want to go with Itch look really closely at the controllers you're considering because you will be stuck with it - you can't just add some more buttons or knobs when you need them the way you can with Traktor (or with SSL for that matter). Of course that may change with future versions of Itch.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Get Traktor scratch pro 2 and 1 or 2 kontrol x1s. Then you can continue using your mixer and CDjs with timecode or the CDs you already have and use sync with the tracks it works well with while c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast