Diode direction for arcade buttons

Default Diode direction for arcade buttons

Hi, I'm about to do my arcade button mod to my vci 100 in the morning. I'm a bit stumped with the diode direction. Everyone including the guy in the shop that I bought the diodes from tells me that the diodes have to go on the live wire pointing towards the button so that the signal can't go back down the wire but in the video ean golden has the diodes on the ground / negative presumably pointing back down the wire. Does anyone know the proper way of doing this ?

Many thanks in advance
    Ipm
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My VCI 100 Se DIY Arcade Mod - With upgrade walk through photos
    My Blog
    My Site

I hoping to start this in the next hour or so, does anyone know, before I put these on the wrong way.

all the best
    IPM
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My Blog
    My Site

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Follow the video and double check that you're following it correctly.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks for the reply photojojo. I watched the video a few times. The video doesn't tell you which direction the diodes go, it only tells you to attach them to the ground / earth which is the opposite way that I was told by a couple of friends who are into electronics.

I Sussed it out. I now have a rather groovy looking VCI 100 se arcade, yeeeeh haaaar. It took around 4 - 5 hours all in but that was chilling with a beer.
    Last edited by IPM; 07-23-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    My Blog
    My Site