which midi to trigger cue points?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default which midi to trigger cue points?

Hi

I own an x1 kontroller from traktor which i find awesome because of the backlight but since I now own an s4 and I don't think I need it except for triggering 8 cue points.

I'm looking for something similar to the nanopad from korg. does anyone have any idea of a tiny midi controller with perhaps only 16 tiny pads which would also be backlit???

thanks

Tech Wizard

Launchpad perhaps...?
    ***2 Stanton c314 CDJs, 1 Behringer DJX750 Mixer, 2 Gemini XL-500 II Direct Drive Turntables, Sony Bass Boost Headphones, Yamaha Clavinova CLP-501 Digital Piano, Traktor Scratch Duo 2, And the Willingness to learn and look stupid ***

i love my launchpad but the pads arent perfect if you need to quicky juggle cue points - could be good enough tho.

the new vestax padone has 12 backlit pads if 12 was enough but its quite expensive for what it is. the lpd8 is a bargain price but only 8 pads but i've seen quite a few people just using one per deck. they're not quite backlit - but there is a ring of light that lights up round them. best bang for the buck - even buying two - and then you'd have 16 extra pots - tho i guess you might not be interested in those...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Trigger Finger? Pad Kontrol? MPD24/26/32? gives you some extra knobs and stuff, too. that's what i use my MPD26 for, hot cues on a couple pages, effects and sample deck controls on the other two pages and the knobs/faders for more effects/sample controls.

i failed to read the post thoroughly enough to notice your emphasis on "tiny," which none of my suggestions are...lpd8? haha

Midifighter or the mpd16/mpd18 sounds like the best bets to me.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

the OP asked for backlit pads - of which at least the trigger finger isnt. ofc a midi fighter would be almost ideal and has some small led's for feedback at least...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Point is if you want backlit pads/buttons you're limited to the APCs, Launchpad, monome or the Midi Fighter. I don't really think any of those other than the Midi Fighter are really ideal.

thanks for all the suggestions. I guess all the tiny stuff don't really light up except the vestax pad one but its quiet expensive for just what i need....

what about this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PSj0ZcHXf8
    how do you modify this to have light in it?

I don't see why you would. Those things break so quickly, not at all worth the effort in my opinion.

And it also seems like one of those projects where if you don't know how to do it already it's not the kinda project you should take on.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast