DnB

Thread: DnB

Tech Wizard

Default DnB

I'm using my soundcloud page to put up mixes. Http://soundcloud.com/rdale I'm probably going to pull the current one in the day or two to make room for the mix I've been working on in my spare time. Enjoy.

Tech Mentor

I listened to about a half hour of your mix ("rdale.2011-07-31.ContinuiousMix.mp3", catchy name!") while taking a shower. Here's my feedback.

- Tracklistings on DJTT result in more listens and more feedback.

- More descriptive post titles help too.

- Thanks for the download link!

- I liked your track selection a lot more than most modern DNB I hear, especially things describable as "jump up." The last time I liked anything described as "jump up" it was probably 1998. But I thought your tracks had personality in them, which most "jump up" I hear doesn't.

- Oddly, your mix may have had "too much" personality for me? This is not a usual critique for me, but when you play 3-5 minutes of most tracks and many have a unique vocal or other "notable" elements, there are times where the audience may need to just roll for a while..

- Your levels and EQ work and mixing generally sounded quite good. I didn't hear any significant mistakes. I believe I heard you mixing basslines like a good drum and bass DJ does, and I didn't hear your high end percussion clash.

- I believe you might have used filtering (in traktor? on your mixer?) a bit too much for my taste. A little goes a long way.

- I would like to see a little more conceptual effort put into your mixes, but then I'm a sucker for things like that. Who is this rdale, and why has he mixed this music for us? What does he have to say? This mix has me wondering but I'm still not sure.

Thanks for posting, keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the feedback. sadly I did hit the filter by accident and just went with it on the second track. Good ear!