I played my first gig.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I played my first gig.

So guys if any of you remember my previous posts I played my first gig (my girlfriends 18th) on the 23rd of this month. I played alot of top 40's stuff and I had a fair few people dancing!!! it was great, I had a couple of stuff ups though which i gotta say I expected but nobody really noticed (except for 2 which i pressed pause on the wrong deck :eek but anyways i was expecting to take a couple of 45 minute breaks cause the party was from 5:00pm till 11:00pm I never got off the decks because I was having such a blast! During the night I got two people asking me to do their 18th's and the next morning the resort that i played at asked me for a business card so they could suggest me as a dj for other venues happening there. I didn't have a business card cause i didnt think I'd need one but i gave her my contact information. I've gotta say the feeling of watching people dance and having hot chicks coming up to me all night saying I'm doing so great was a brilliant feeling. afterwards I had one of the girls waiting around for me while I packed up and she said I should stay in her room for the night (she's my girlfriend but it still counts right). So to sum it all up I had the best night i've had in a long long time. Thankyou DJTT
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

reading your thread tags, lol.
    In a few months your girl will begin to resent you always playing out and not paying attention to her. By the time you are in front 10k+ rocking out with a major coke habit you'll peer wistfully back to the good ole days at DJTT. all the ppl here will be like: Who or what is a wongaling? /buzz kill

good story and funny name.

Tech Mentor

WTF! I was not expecting that as a response.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think that's his weird way of saying Congrats. I'll just come out and say it, Congrats man.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by wongaling View Post
    So guys if any of you remember my previous posts I played my first gig (my girlfriends 18th) on the 23rd of this month. I played alot of top 40's stuff and I had a fair few people dancing!!! it was great, I had a couple of stuff ups though which i gotta say I expected but nobody really noticed (except for 2 which i pressed pause on the wrong deck :eek but anyways i was expecting to take a couple of 45 minute breaks cause the party was from 5:00pm till 11:00pm I never got off the decks because I was having such a blast! During the night I got two people asking me to do their 18th's and the next morning the resort that i played at asked me for a business card so they could suggest me as a dj for other venues happening there. I didn't have a business card cause i didnt think I'd need one but i gave her my contact information. I've gotta say the feeling of watching people dance and having hot chicks coming up to me all night saying I'm doing so great was a brilliant feeling. afterwards I had one of the girls waiting around for me while I packed up and she said I should stay in her room for the night (she's my girlfriend but it still counts right). So to sum it all up I had the best night i've had in a long long time. Thankyou DJTT
    Hopefully you can play at awesome 18th parties like this one.
    http://www.cairns.com.au/article/201...ocal-news.html

Which resort was it? I'm pretty disappointed with Cairns honestly. Seems like there's not too many opportunities here to DJ or get a gig cos every bloody club has a shitty nightlife system or the "DJ" is just a dude who selects songs off it.

And there's no trance, just a little bit of psytrance here and there.
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think that's his weird way of saying Congrats. I'll just come out and say it, Congrats man.
    yeah, thanks for clearing that up. Congrats!

Sounds like you're into it! Congrats, man!
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Tech Guru

lol @ spacemonkey....but the point about ur gf resenting u after playing out all weekend every weekend in my experience is a true one!haha but yeah man, congrats!
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Guru

High five! Congrats. The fun is just beginning.

Tech Mentor

I played at the Novotel in the city it was pretty nice and they let me crank up the speakers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast