Controller feels dull to me

Default Controller feels dull to me

Well My love for the APC40 has faded.
    Wonderful controller but... just not feeling it now that I have my DDM4000 and most my tracks if not all can now be manipulated with the laptop keyboard.

Im only really ever pressing a couple hotcues and play and focusing more on my mixer and going through my tracks looking for that next star track.

I spend more time at my laptop adjusting beatgrids that analyze wrong then I do at my apc40.

Should I sell it since I plan on getting a couple NDX800s in like 3 months?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The problem isn't controllers, but you feeling more comfortable with a classic layout and letting tracks play.

If you don't plan using it to produce with ableton (i found it a perfect tool to build arrangements) then yes, sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The problem isn't controllers, but you feeling more comfortable with a classic layout and letting tracks play.

If you don't plan using it to produce with ableton (i found it a perfect tool to build arrangements) then yes, sell it.
    Coming from you Padi, then yeah. Ill sell it.

how much should I put it up for?
    I only been using it for a few months and still have the original box and stuff.
    Im actually including the usb cable from my Audio2dj since the Akai cable was a joke in length.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The prices I work with vary a lot from yours. Just so you get a picture: I sold mine after 1 year of use without the box, Ableton LE, or manuals for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The prices I work with vary a lot from yours. Just so you get a picture: I sold mine after 1 year of use without the box, Ableton LE, or manuals for $500.
    Thats right, they just recently made this controller into a steal for it's price. $250 I'll try for then
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

In the US they retail for $300 new. I regularly see them go for around $225 used. If you have any interest in ableton at all though I'd keep it - it's great for production.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    In the US they retail for $300 new. I regularly see them go for around $225 used. If you have any interest in ableton at all though I'd keep it - it's great for production.
    kinda did but Im not gonna kid myself anylonger
    /人◕‿‿◕人\