Sick of iTunes? Let's create an everyday musicplayer/manager for DJs!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default Sick of iTunes? Let's create an everyday musicplayer/manager for DJs!

I'm sick of iTunes' lack of FLAC-support and JRivers Media Jukebox is also no option since it can't export to iTunes and therfore deliver a useable library for Traktor and Scratch Live.

I play with the thought of coding the ultimative everyday musicplayer and manager which may also use Traktor's and Scratch Live's database.

What do you think about it?
    Which features should such an application definitely have?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Smart playlists that automatically update in Traktor. Keep the star ratings consistent across both no matter which one the ratings are changed in. Ability to edit ALL of the tags in Traktor and build the aforementioned smart playlist off those. What about the ability to load into a deck from the megasuperawseom musicplayer?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Ummm VLC? I can manage my music library just fine without iTunes.

If I need more than what VLC can provide, I launch Traktor. I guess I don't see much need for such an application as you are describing.

Interested in this. For me something useful would be hotkey assigned playlists, by which I mean you assign a playlist to a hotkey and when a track is highlighted in the library and you hit that key, the track is added to that playlist. But that might just be me lol.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

AFAIK Neither Traktor nor VLC can move/rename/convert files or change their album art.

I'm talking about full fledged library-management.

@fullenglishprint: Sounds really good. I always hoped Traktor would get such a feature.
    Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 07-25-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Interested in this. For me something useful would be hotkey assigned playlists, by which I mean you assign a playlist to a hotkey and when a track is highlighted in the library and you hit that key, the track is added to that playlist. But that might just be me lol.

you can do that in itunes if you have a mac....juss sayin
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

You can??
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I always I-Tunes, i like that program, i always change all titles, so i can find it with no problem in traktor. I think it's just about you manage your own list, and what names you gave. I do it like this: every track makes me and the crowd go crazy, i name it Electro or Electro House, every track with a piano or calmer feeling like Avicii style i call it Progressive House, everything for the younger crowd in age 12-16 i call it Dutch House (i live in the netherlands and that's what they like), that's how i do it. So that i'm sure that i always have the right tracks for my crowd.

Tech Guru

yes you can i have it so when i click command+1 it turns genre into house, command+2 turns genre into tech-house, etc when i click command+, it puts the song into peak hour playlist.......these are scripts & application shortcuts i setup
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

BTW, there are ways to get iTunes to play FLAC files, do a Google search.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast