Maximizing Audio Quality & More Inputs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Maximizing Audio Quality & More Inputs

Currently using the RCA's that come with serato for my audio 8 and was looking to get some better RCA's maybe MONSTER...or do they have one cable with 8 rcas on each side (like a multicore cable)

Since I have a DJM 800 looking to turn my phono inputs into line inputs saw this: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...5Fid=50%2D7240

anyone have any other recommendations for a phono to line convertor

& last is it possible to convert a mic input to a line?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Monster cables are the biggest rip off in the audio world. Why not just use the standard NI multicores? I doubt you'll notice any difference. Also, out of interest, why do you want to convert the phonos to lines?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

The phono-line converter is a good idea if you havnt got enough line ins on the desk.
    But as for the cables, just spend your money on some more tunes, you wont notice any difference with new cables.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Monster cables are the biggest rip off in the audio world. Why not just use the standard NI multicores? I doubt you'll notice any difference. Also, out of interest, why do you want to convert the phonos to lines?
    i dont use timecode anymore...now running (2) X1's instead and sometimes if i have to run any extra inputs (ex. a friend using another setup i would just flip the switch when its my turn to go on)

but is it possible to turn a mic into line? (so i can have 4 traktor decks & use the mic channel to run maschine sounds thru and that way i can still cue up all my tracks)
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Mentor

1. +1 on fancy audio cables being a scam. I'm an old audiophile nerd and can tell you in a double blind test, you can't tell the difference between $12 zipcord and $1000 crystal/silver bullshit.
    2. if you want good sound you don't want to convert line to phono or vice versa because of the riaa equalization. Vinyl is recorded with the lows cut and the highs boosted so that the grooves in the record give better performance. then the reverse eq curve is applied in your preamp.
    3. Yes, it is possible to convert a mic level to a line level and vice vera. mic and line are the same electrical signal, but mic is a much lower level. also one or the other may be balanced or unbalanced depending on your system. a decent converter will not degrade the signal at all.

Tech Guru

what do yous think of this cable: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CRA802-8-Channel-RCA-Snake/dp/B000068O1S"]Amazon.com: Hosa CRA802 8-Channel RCA To RCA Snake 6.5 Ft: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Q7NIjQyyL.@@AMEPARAM@@31Q7NIjQyyL[/ame]

to connect my souncard to mixer..just one big cable?

Tech Mentor

Hosa is an excellent cable company and I have a couple of their snakes. At that price, it's a no brainer. I have some $100+ snakes, and when one connection goes bad, its a bummer to have them all tied together.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sardu View Post
    Hosa is an excellent cable company and I have a couple of their snakes. At that price, it's a no brainer. I have some $100+ snakes, and when one connection goes bad, its a bummer to have them all tied together.
    thanks for the feedback do you think they make any smaller ones 6ft is kinda big...or does any other companies make smaller ones

I made one myself just like the above. Works great and easy to set up.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

ya last night i electrical taped 4 pairs of RCA's so thats my DIY version for now but thinking of getting this cable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast