Issues With TA2 distorted sound/ freeze
    Tech Student

Default Issues With TA2 distorted sound/ freeze

I recently upgraded to traktor pro 2 and while i was using the sound card on my omni control everything worked fine. I decided to purchase the Traktor Audio 2 interface to get better sound. It actually gave me distorted sound for about 5 seconds before it freezes up Traktor pro 2 (the software). This is my connection: Laptop -usb-TA2-channel A connected to speakers.
    Laptop -usb- Omni control (controller) and i have my headphones connected to channel B.
    I notice channel A LED flickers while its trying to play doesn't stay a solid green all the time.
    I have updated all the drivers and software and restarted as well. Also im running my laptop with windows 7, i7 q 1.73gh, 8 gb of ram. Can anyone help?

sounds like your latency is too low. the green light is supposed to flicker, it flickers with the frequencies in whatever audio is going through it.

what is your current latency?
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Student

I have it at 256 sample which gives the latency 9.7 and the hz thats playing at is 41000. I updated everything even my bios to make sure its not a bug issue. And still maybe its how i have the set up on traktor?

Please share some specs of your laptop. You can also try to increase the kHz to 48k or better yet 96K
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Student

Dell xps , i7 1.73 Ghz, 8 Gb Ram, Windows 7 Home, Omni Control, and Traktor Audio 2, what other specs of my laptap would you need?
    Dell XPS i7-1.73 Ghz 8 Gb Laptop
    Numark Omni Control - Traktor Audio 2
    Traktor Pro 2

try it at 512. thats where mine is, 44100 at 512 gives me 13ish. you dont really need to go above 44100. its messing up cause your latency is too low for your laptop to handle. so adjust the settings to get it higher and traktor shouldnt bug out
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Student

I tried changing the settings with TA control panel and nothing still the same thing. Lights of the omni control are one but they dont do anything. Also, Traktor Pro 2 is frozen. Nothing works when i select TA2 as the soundcard.
    Dell XPS i7-1.73 Ghz 8 Gb Laptop
    Numark Omni Control - Traktor Audio 2
    Traktor Pro 2